Coffeehouse ???

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Deunamis
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Singapore

Post by Deunamis »

Myrtle Beach, SC - If you want rock and roll all night, KISS Coffeehouse will be the place to be. On Tuesday, June 27th, legendary KISS band members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons will be on hand at Myrtle Beach South Carolina’s Broadway at the Beach to cut the ribbon on the most outrageous coffee and dessert shop ever constructed.

Through a deal brokered by Signatures Network, Inc., KISS’s exclusive merchandising company, the KISS Coffeehouse in Myrtle Beach, SC is the first licensed coffeehouse by the band known for their incredible stage show, face paint and full throttle rock and roll.

“The idea was to take the energy and excitement of the live KISS show and bring it into a retail setting,” explains long- time KISS fan and storeowner Brian Galvin. “KISS fans will not be disappointed!” pledged Galvin, who knows firsthand the high expectations loyal KISS fans will have for this concept. The coffeehouse will also serve as an official KISS Army recruiting office, exposing new fans and reminding die-hard supporters why KISS continues to be one of the most exciting bands in history.

With over twenty foot tall smoking KISS boots flanking the storefront and rare KISS memorabilia and costume pieces on display, the KISS Coffeehouse raises the bar for retail design. “This will become a major tourist attraction,” states Galvin confidently. “This is truly the most exciting coffee shop on the planet!”

The KISS Coffeehouse menu will feature Signature KISS Coffee, including Demon Dark Roast and French KISS Vanilla, eight flavors of the KISS Frozen Rockuccino™, the most caffeinated and refreshing coffee beverage on the market, as well as full array of cookies, brownies and cupcakes. For more info and a complete menu list, please log on to www.kisscoffeehouse.com - their new site. According to Paul Stanley, "The KISS Coffeehouse is our way of providing everyone with the buzz of great, quality treats and coffee filled with enough sugar and caffeine to get the party started, and keep it going!"

Gene Simmons adds, “Every army needs food and drink and the KISS Army is no exception! Even the non-enlisted will find our treats and java rockin' good!”

To add to the Grand Opening festivities, KISS tribute band, KISS Army, will be performing on the Celebrity Square Stage at Broadway at the Beach from 8:00- 10:00 p.m., when a KISS- style fireworks display will light up the sky in front of the shop. Myrtle Beach’s classic rock station, Wave 104.1, will promote the event and will be on site broadcasting live.

In conjunction with the opening, 1,000 bags of the KISS Army Blend will be shipped to the US Armed Forces serving in Iraq. “Anything we can do that lets our brave armed forces personnel know that they are always in our hearts and on our minds is a small token of our deep appreciation for the sacrifices they make every day for us. We pray for their safe return,” said Stanley.

Partyman

Post by Partyman »

sounds great to me !!!!!!!!!! :OK:

MissMingus
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by MissMingus »

Does anybody have an idea how to get there from Germany? I just don't find any flights which are cheap enough...:( I really would like to go there :yes: but the travel could be a problem.
anybody can help me?

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

I wish I could help you out MissMingus but no matter how you look at it I think your trip would be a expensive one, that's a long ways. :wave:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

[quote="MissMingus";p="142274"]Does anybody have an idea how to get there from Germany? I just don't find any flights which are cheap enough...:( I really would like to go there :yes: but the travel could be a problem.
anybody can help me?[/quote]

I am planning a trip to Germany. I have a German friend who told me you can find great prices for tickets in your newspaper ads in Germany. I found good prices @ www.orbitz.com
www.Expedia.com
www.CheapTickets.com

I found many flights from Munich to Charlotte NC. Charlotte is about a 4 hr drive though to Myrtle Beach SC. :roll: . You can also look for Greenville SC and Wilmington NC. Let me know if I can help you :wave:

MissMingus
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by MissMingus »

[quote="Kiss777";p="142306"]I wish I could help you out MissMingus but no matter how you look at it I think your trip would be a expensive one, that's a long ways. :wave:[/quote]

Yes, that's true. And the biggest problem is: will the travel be worth it? Will I really get to see or even meet Paul and Gene there? It's so uncertain... :roll:

MissMingus
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by MissMingus »

[quote="DigitaXMan";p="142307
I am planning a trip to Germany. I have a German friend who told me you can find great prices for tickets in your newspaper ads in Germany. I found good prices @ www.orbitz.com
www.Expedia.com
www.CheapTickets.com

I found many flights from Munich to Charlotte NC. Charlotte is about a 4 hr drive though to Myrtle Beach SC. :roll: . You can also look for Greenville SC and Wilmington NC. Let me know if I can help you :wave:[/quote]

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :bussi1: I will check some flights there afterwards.
But the other problem is: If ever I find a flight to one of those airports, how will I get to Myrtle Beach? By train? And doesn't Myrtle Beach have an own airport? And I won't be able to take a flight before 26th of June because before that date I will be in Switzerland. :wink:

MissMadness
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Poland

Post by MissMadness »

My plan looks this way: First Im going to Warsaw by train, than to Amsterdam and New Jersey by KLM, than to New York by taxi, than to MYRTLE BEACH by Greyhound. Looks great :OK:
[url=http://www.madnessasylum.prv.pl/][img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/madnessasylum/10903f09.jpg[/img][/url]

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

[quote="MissMingus";p="142327"][quote="DigitaXMan";p="142307
www.Expedia.com
www.CheapTickets.com

I found many flights from Munich to Charlotte NC. Charlotte is about a 4 hr drive though to Myrtle Beach SC. :roll: . You can also look for Greenville SC and Wilmington NC. Let me know if I can help you :wave:[/quote]

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :bussi1: I will check some flights there afterwards.
But the other problem is: If ever I find a flight to one of those airports, how will I get to Myrtle Beach? By train? And doesn't Myrtle Beach have an own airport? And I won't be able to take a flight before 26th of June because before that date I will be in Switzerland. :wink:[/quote]

Ok I found this. Maybe you seen it I don't know. I should have put it here on my last post. Sorry :oops: I hope this helps :wave:

Webpage Title

Deunamis
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Singapore

Post by Deunamis »

By: DAWN BRYANT

As long as the big decorative platform boot arrives, the KISS Coffeehouse will pour its first rock 'n' roll-inspired concoction in two weeks.

'Our plan is to open on June 17,' said Brian Galvin, a KISS fan since 1975 who convinced the merchandising-heavy band to turn to coffee. 'The storefront is scheduled for installation from June 9 through June 16. If the second boot isn't going up by June 14th, you'll know we're delayed.'

The boot thing sounds strange, but somehow appropriate. We are talking about the first KISS Coffeehouse, after all. Oh, and the boots for the storefront will be 20 feet high and oozing smoke to emulate the band's elaborate costumes and stage show.

The souped-up cafe will be at Broadway at the Beach, near Celebrity Square. After making it through the boot entrance, you'll be able to gaze at KISS memorabilia and costumes while sipping blends such as Demon Dark Roast and French KISS Vanilla, and snacking on a deep-fried twinkie or firehouse s'mores.

Two band members, Gene Simmons (the one with the tongue) and Paul Stanley, will attend the grand opening party June 27. The KISS Army, a tribute band, will perform from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the Celebrity Square stage.

The coffeehouse will have 20 employees who will dress in black-and-white KISS costumes on special occasions. Galvin sees them as much more than servers.

'We all understand the incredible responsibility we have to KISS as we will be the face of KISS to the millions of people that visit Broadway at the Beach,' he said via e-mail.

The coffeehouse will be open 9 a.m. to midnight Sundays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays.