Will you be buying Make up to break up?

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Will you be buying Make up to break up?

Post by Kiss777 »

Just curious as to how many of you plan on buying Peter's Makeup to break up book?

(I have mine ordered)
Last edited by Kiss777 on Mon 22. Oct 2012, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Partyman

Re: Will you be buying Make up to break up?

Post by Partyman »

+1 :Peter:

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

I have made an pre-order of five copies for my store
one going of course in mine private collection!
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!
www.facebook.com/kissarmypavia

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

Oh I will definitely buy it. That excerpt had me hungry for more. I really, truly want the dirt on Paul and Gene... hee hee. He's the only guy who will feed it in the raw.

Homer_S
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Homer_S »

I will buy it too... :OK:
My new site: http://collectination.jimdo.com/ NOW UPDATED!
http://www.new-metal-media.de/

*2015 ROCKAVARIA Munich*

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by shock_me_strutter »

It will be in my 'claws' tomorrow

b_dunn2003
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
United States of America

Post by b_dunn2003 »

It will be interesting to see all the people that read PC's book and automatically hate him for telling what he considers the truth. When I was 10 (1976) :kiss: was one of the biggest bands in the world and my fav. I didn't want to see them without makeup or hear about the bad stuff going on within the band. But, as a 46 year old, I am curious. Will it change my opinion of any of them knowing some of the stuff that went on behind the scenes? No. Why? Because they are HUMAN, just like you and me.

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

B_Dunn2003 I think your selling our IQ just a little short. So much of what I have always thought was going on in the band is looking to be confirmed here. I have no lost allusions about perfect harmony in this band anymore then there was in the Beatles. And absolutely everything I thought about Tommy getting into the band is completely spelled out. Like this excerpt -

"Thayer (Tommy Thayer, Ace's replacement) was Paul's bitch. He was on twenty-four-hour call in case Paul wanted to go out and look at fabrics or blinds." :lol:

Now my criticism is well known. But it doesn't change the fact I am a fan of the band. Being a fan doesn't mean I felt like I somehow knew them. And in most cases, I wouldn't want to. It's better to observe from afar. And I'm human too. All of these guys have a level of cut throat to them. How else do you make a band like this? So I think I'm pretty grounded. The albums I like, I will continue to like. And the ass-holes I think Gene and Paul are will likely continue. Does that mean I can't like them as musicians? Of course not. But I will admit, your warnings have got me absolutely ecstatic to read this thing.

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Something to keep in mind this will be things coming from Peter's perceptive now I believe Peter will for the most part be telling the truth but keep in mind it will be the Truth as he see's it.
In other words you and I can be at the same place watching the same thing go down but we can see the whole situation in a very different way...
Looking forward to the book.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Knucklepuck
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Knucklepuck »

Yes I will buy the book, and will appreciate Peter's candor. The truth has been a missing element from KISS during the years, so this will be a refreshing tome. Its about damned time we can dig into the workings of our favorite band. I've met all the original members at various functions, and Peter was by far the most open and caring of the fans of all of them. He's the nicest guy in the group.