Paul Stanley One Live KISS

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Gimmick4Life
Paul Stanley One Live KISS

Post by Gimmick4Life »

This 1 image sparked something...

At first I thought it was One Live KISS on Vinyl.

It was a poster that director of One Live KISS Signed.

I commented by saying: cared me then, can't he put this out on BR? I'm sure there is footage left for b onus features n stuff?

My mind started working now We KISS in 4K WWE Network is 4500k and that blows me away, now think what can be done?

He deleted the following: So here it is for YOUR EYES ONLY.

Oh, wait until you see "One Live KISS" in HD on Blu! The Universal released DVD was not correct for it's time (2008) technically speaking. It would be SOA if the release date was 8 to 10 years prior, but they botched it in terms of non-anamorphic and making the default soundtrack DTS (on a DVD never! Industry standard is PCM stereo for a DVD as default, with DTS if there, as a choice on the amin menu, otherwise with DTS default, anyone not playing through a DTS based system will get...SILENCE! unless they choose the soundtrack option before playing the movie.) I saw the check test disc and immediately called the mastering facility for Universal, and the tech's doing the job. I told them I was VERY alarmed by the mistakes; that the formatting should be amamorphic, not 4:3 Pan & Scan, and also the bit rate of the transfer was not OK, it was too small to support the visuals so there was artifacting, and most drastically wrong was no one puts a DVD out with a default soundtrack being DTS, its just not done and is a BIG mistake. So, I want these things corrected...the reply, I can still vividly recall, "Oh, well, sorry but the total print run (many many 1000's of DVD's!!) has been completed so there is nothing we can do." I EXPLODED! Let me quote myself..."ARE YOU FUCKING KIDING ME! I WORKED YEARS OF MY GODDAMN LIFE ON THIS, ITS A LABOR OF FUCKING LOVE AND YOU TEL ME THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO!! HOW DARE YOU SEND ME A CHECK DISC AFTER YOU DO THE PRESSING, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU - - NOT ENOUGH LOVE FROM MAMA?? (I hear in the background..."we have one of 'those' directors on the line' he thinks he's God!" then laughing!) I hear this and..."NO, ASSHOLE, I'm not 'ONE OF THOSE DIRECTORS'...I'm 'THE SON OF A BITCH, BASTARD, FUCK YOUR MOTHER DIRECTOR YOU WILL EVER EXPERIENCE IF YOU FUCK UP ONE OF MY FILMS!!" WELL, ITS TOO LATE NOW, SO JUST SO YOU KNOW, FOR LIFE I WILL HATE YOU, AND GOD HELP YOU IF I EVER GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO FUCK YOU - YOU AND DRACULA WILL KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN FUCKED!!!" (and I hung up.) So there you have it, as you can tell I'm not the retireing type! SO, we are working on a full mastering to top HD bitrate specs for "One Live KISS" (it will blow your mind!) and also that we hope the full 70 min. of bonus features will be included (with the highlight being award winning Filmmaker DP Carlson's terrific 30 min. making of documantary, "Live to Dream" which is quite something to see!) and lso soundchecks, backstage, tour rehersals, a ton of great, intimate, one on one right on the road (and in his home!) with the one and only, Paul Stanley! This is what we always intended, but the business world can cluster-fuck the best of artistry, and intentions. I assure you, when "One Live KISS" comes to Blu, special edition, it WILL be AWESOME. I am going to sleep with it, through the pressing, through the delivery to stores (yes, I'll bethere on a damn cot) as this will not be compromised. Fans have my personal word on that. Happy Holidays! Louis Antonelli

PS - soon you wil see online new transfers in SD of "One Live KISS" scenes for my new website. They are directly from the original masters, anamorphic 720p and make the released DVD look like an ancient artifact. You will see them hit the net within weeks, and I will share them here on FB. There will also be many clips from dozens of my films dating back to the 80's to present, including many music pieces from my work with Metallica, The Ramones, Dizzy Gillespie, and many more. Just a heads up on that.

PS - Please excuse my 'extreme' language above, but there is no way to convey the reality of it via editing and the like...no, that is unfiltered and reality. Anything else would just not do. Hope to not offend hyper-sensitive types not used to 'dramatist' people.

PJ
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Canada

Re: Paul Stanley One Live KISS

Post by PJ »

well... Some 8-9 years after the album and solo tour, the hype's not there anymore for me. I bought the DVD, liked it and shelved it
"I wanna put my log in your fireplace" -Burn Bitch Burn
http://www.myspace.com/pierrej
http://www.bluetracks.ca/pierrej