Whoohooo!! New DVDs on the way for 2005

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

That 70s Guy
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Whoohooo!! New DVDs on the way for 2005

Post by That 70s Guy »

KISS To Release Double DVD Set Chronicling Australian Club Shows - Dec. 22, 2004

According to a posting at KISS fan site KissNews.de, KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer is currently finalizing the production of "Kiss In Your Face and Beyond", a double DVD set that chronicles the 2004 Australian club shows. The concerts in Melbourne and Sydney were filmed and together they make up Disc One of this set. Shot in 16/9 with Dolby Digital Sound and a DTS soundtrack, this DVD will feature more than 20 rare KISS performances with their current lineup.

Disc two will feature an "excellent" 48-minute documenatary on the preparations for these shows and a host of bonus footage that take the viewer back to the days when KISS played clubs in the early '70s, including rare black-and-white footage of KISS in their prime at one of their first concerts as well as concert footage from the band's personal archives. Screenformat will be 16/9 on the documentary and 4/3 on the bonus features.

This second disc will mainly be a teaser for the upcoming "Kiss Archives DVD Series", to be released next year.

frankiss73

Post by frankiss73 »

If this is true then you fuckin beauty. I was at the Melbourne IYF show and it rocked big time. A set list to die for and the sound was unbelievable. Because the venue is small, my ears were ringing still two days later and that's no bullshit. Best show i have seen by far. Paul toyed with the crowd, Gene forgot lyrics, Tommy and Eric rocked, classic KISS songs were played. No pyros, flying, blood, or fire breathing. Just 2 hours of great KISS music. It was just a blast. I just pray to God that the editing is not as bad at the KISS Symphony DVD. :OK:

Man of 1000
Germany

Post by Man of 1000 »

[quote="frankiss73";p="30607"]... I just pray to God that the editing is not as bad at the KISS Symphony DVD. :OK:[/quote]

We will see :mrgreen:

That 70s Guy
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Post by That 70s Guy »

Could someone post the setlist from those 2 In Your Face shows?

Thanks! :OK:

NB-9001
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Post by NB-9001 »

It's all just a few clicks away you know... My personal opinion of this DVD is that it's shameless sticking that early footage on this kind of package that I do not want in my house. That archive series sounds good, I guess, but I doubt it will be anything spectacular. KISS' archival releases have a habit of disappointing you.

EVENT: The Enmore Theatre, Enmore, Sydney, Australia May 18, 2004
Reported audience: ~2000
Reported gross: $n/a
Setlist: Deuce / Strutter / C'mon And Love Me / Parasite / Love Gun / Christine Sixteen / Makin' Love / Got To Choose / I Love It Loud / Love Her All I Can / She / All the Way / Goin' Blind / I Want You / War Machine / 100,000 Years / Lick It Up / Shout It Out Loud / I Was Made For Lovin' You / Detroit Rock City / King Of The Night Time World / Shandi (Paul only) / Cold Gin / God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You II / Rock And Roll All Nite
Set Notes:
· Band played a few bars of "Magic Touch"...

EVENT: The Palais, Melbourne, Australia May 15, 2004
Reported audience: ~2000
Reported gross: $n/a
Setlist: Deuce / Strutter / C'mon And Love Me / Parasite / Love Gun / Christine Sixteen / Makin' Love / Got To Choose / I Love It Loud / Love Her All I Can / She / All The Way / I Want You / War Machine / 100,000 Years / Hotter Than Hell / Shout It Out Loud / I Was Made For Lovin' You / Calling Dr. Love / Cold Gin / Detroit Rock City / King Of The Night Time World / Shandi (Paul only) / God Gave Rock And Roll To You II / Rock And Roll All Nite
Set Notes:
· Band doesn't use the "You Wanted The Best!" introduction...
· Gene forgets the words to "Parasite"...
· Band did attempt "The Oath" and "I" following "Calling Dr. Love"...