Tour A Flop

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

[quote="the effigy";p="13777"]For me the RTN tour is not a flop, 8500peoples/show is good for the third tour whithout new album.
I think for the next tour, a new album is welcoming.

(excuse for my bad language, the belgium fan salute you!)[/quote]

Compared to previous tours, this one did the worse attendance wise. Don't get me wrong, I thought the band sounded in top form. And you have a very good point, 8500 average atttendance is okay w/o a new album, but I think this will be the last time KISS will be albe to pull this off.

No prob on your English. I speak English and some of mine is not all that good. LOL! Rock on in Belgium mt Friend! :Greatest Kiss:

Ostbahnkurti
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
Post by Ostbahnkurti »

well, 8500 people may sound fine without serving anything new.... BUT:

don't forget, the average price of the tickets were only about 25 Euros/ US $ 30,-. That's a lot less than those for other bands or previous Tours. Also keep in mind, that they did not have a "pay to play" opening band, they had a strong opening band, who definately draw atleast 1000-2000 extra people each show. Poison usually play for more than 2000 people on their own. So, it is hard to compare, but you can probably guess, that with no strong opening band with an average ticket-price of $ 50,-, there would have been less than 4.000 people/show.

Bottom line: what's next? A convention tour would be logical...

kissfreakmike
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

I Loved This Tour

Post by kissfreakmike »

I have attended every tour sine Love Gun. Last year even got to meet them thru the Platinum package with KOL. I must saw that in my opinion, the RTN tour has been the best so far. Only thing is the fan base for the shows relies on us old fans "preaching the message" to younger people now days. With no new material for so long the younger generation now say ages 14-20 and maybe even up to 30 years old does not even remember when the band had an album or song that even received nominal consideration by radio, tv, press or whatever. I have even asked a couple of members of this younger generation questions and the topic of KISS never comes up. When considering classic bands they go back to Nirvana etc. KISS has to have something new, fresh, and yes maybe even listen to your fans of so long. We are all that is left. But WE ARE ONE. The true KISS fans have stayed thru so many years and so many changes. No other band has such a loyal fan base to a band that has basically quit putting CD's or new music out and are still willing to dish out major $$ for a Tour of the same songs (might change 2 or 3 songes a show). Having said all this; I will still support KISS and look very foreward to having the opportunity to see them again. BUT I STILL WANT NEW KISS MUSIC!!!! :paulfunny: :Ace: :Peter: :Eric Carr: :Vinnie:

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

[quote="Ostbahnkurti";p="13812"]well, 8500 people may sound fine without serving anything new.... BUT:

don't forget, the average price of the tickets were only about 25 Euros/ US $ 30,-. That's a lot less than those for other bands or previous Tours. Also keep in mind, that they did not have a "pay to play" opening band, they had a strong opening band, who definately draw atleast 1000-2000 extra people each show. Poison usually play for more than 2000 people on their own. So, it is hard to compare, but you can probably guess, that with no strong opening band with an average ticket-price of $ 50,-, there would have been less than 4.000 people/show.

Bottom line: what's next? A convention tour would be logical...[/quote]

I saw two shows on the RTN Tour. Tixs were cheaper this time out... they have to be because you're not getting all four original members and they know that. I don't think Poison was a very strong opening act, (drawing 1000-2000 extra tickets is not substantial considering KISS were booked into some outdoor sheds that hold upto 25,000 people) however, I agree with you, without Poison, I think a lot less tickets would have been sold. :PaulSolo: :GeneSolo: PeterSolo :AceSolo:

kissfreakmike
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Poison

Post by kissfreakmike »

I do not know how Poison did everywhere else but to me Poison look like a good bar band at Birmingham. I used to really like Poison in the 80's and was very dissappointed. I thought ZO2 were much better.
:PaulSolo: :freak:

animalmike
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by animalmike »

I have heard that KISS was not the only band to have weak ticket sale this year, And i know of a few that decided not to tour. Gov't Mule was going to tour but backed out, and the RUSH R30 tour did about the same numbers that KISS did. I think that it was just a bad year. :genetongue:

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

[quote="animalmike";p="14832"]I have heard that KISS was not the only band to have weak ticket sale this year, And i know of a few that decided not to tour. Gov't Mule was going to tour but backed out, and the RUSH R30 tour did about the same numbers that KISS did. I think that it was just a bad year. :genetongue:[/quote]

Yes, It's been a bad concert season here and Rush did no better than :kiss: , they have just toured themselves out. There really wasn't anything new on this tour for :kiss: to offer to fans and only the die-hards showed up (and that's debatable since the die-hard :kiss: fans have two points of view it seems). But all in all, the Rock The Nation tour was a bomb. Thanks for reading. :RRAN:

Ostbahnkurti
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
Post by Ostbahnkurti »

:!: :!: EXCUSE ME :!: :!:
Do you really want to compare :kiss: to bands like Rush and Gov't Mule or whatever his/her/their name is?
:kiss: used to play stadiums and had the best attended tour in 1996/97. Even the Farewell Tour 2000 was in the Top 3 I believe.
You can compare :kiss: to the Beatles, Abba or the Rolling Stones, bands who play(ed) stadiums worldwide, but not to those bands mentioned above.

A band that is around for over 20 years and used to play stadiums usually stay stadium acts. I don't see the Stones play for half empty Arenas....

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

[quote="Ostbahnkurti";p="15215"]:!: :!: EXCUSE ME :!: :!:
Do you really want to compare :kiss: to bands like Rush and Gov't Mule or whatever his/her/their name is?
:kiss: used to play stadiums and had the best attended tour in 1996/97. Even the Farewell Tour 2000 was in the Top 3 I believe.
You can compare :kiss: to the Beatles, Abba or the Rolling Stones, bands who play(ed) stadiums worldwide, but not to those bands mentioned above.

A band that is around for over 20 years and used to play stadiums usually stay stadium acts. I don't see the Stones play for half empty Arenas....[/quote]

If memory serves me well, the Stones were having trouble too, correct? Didn't they cancel a tour overseas because of lack of interest? :kiss: having touble selling out sheds this past summer... I can't even comare :kiss: to Rush. There's no comparison!

kissfreakmike
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Agree!!!!

Post by kissfreakmike »

Agree that you can not compare KISS with Rush musically. The show is different. By the way, Please no ABBA comparisons. :schimpf: Next thing you know someone will be comparing them to the Bee Gees.
:Paul live: :freak: