unreleased the Elder tour

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

I am a freak
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Italy

unreleased the Elder tour

Post by I am a freak »

Hi people,
always I miss The Elder tour 'cause I love his look :OK: well If there had been an Elder tour this is what could be ....

ImageImage

and, are there right Elder songs for live track-list ? what your opinions ?
rock on folks :kiss:
Last edited by I am a freak on Sat 11. Aug 2007, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Rock and Roll All Time

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Yeah The Elder look was different but still cool in it's own way, there was a couple songs that would have worked well live.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

A dream: I know:

Post by tiger67 »

A really MFTE - Tour 1981/82 setlist I always have in my mind !
And I think they should play every song:

01. DETROIT ROCK CITY
02. COLD GIN
03. IWM4LU
04. JUST A BOY
05. ODYSSEY
06. ONLY U
07. UNDER THE ROSE
08. I WANT U
09. GOD OF THUNDER
10. SHOCK ME
11. DARK LIGHT
12. A WORLD WITHOUT HEROES
13. THE OATH
14. Mr. BLACKWELL
15. BLACK DIAMOND
16. HARD LUCK WOMAN (YES: By ERIC CARR !)
17. ROCK ´N` ROLL ALL NITE

18. ESCAPE FROM THE ISLAND
19. SHOUT IT OUT LOUD
20. I

I know, it`s a concept-album, but I know also:
The Fans want also hear classics....that`s the reason for the "old" ones :wink: ! :wave:

P.S.:
The stage should have a THE ELDER-LOOK:
Should mean: Behind the drums a "wall" like the Albumcover, and about the doorknob (which hangs over Eric Carr) the :kiss: - logo..... :OK: ....
[size=150][color=violet][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size]
[size=150][color=black][b]-[/b][/color][/size] [color=red][size=150][b]Gene[/b][/size][/color] [size=150][b][color=black]-[/color][/b][/size] [size=150][color=green][b]Eric Singer[/b][/color][/size] [color=black][size=150][b]&[/b][/size][/color][size=150][b][color=blue]Tommy[/color][/b][/size]

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by tiger67 »

I forgot FIREHOUSE.... :oops: ! Sorry ! :wink: :wave:

MarKISSuk
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Post by MarKISSuk »

I agree they should have toured, Ace looked absolutely awesome during the Elder years. I'm not sure about every song off the album, but definately stuff like I and A World Without Heroes. It would be nice if they played these and a couple of others during some shows these days as a nice treat for the audience.
I don't wanna hear you might, there's a fire getting near, the sparks ignite...
[img][/img]
If you're ready for a wild ride, let me hear you SAY YEAH!!!

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by tiger67 »

[quote="MarKISSuk";p="204090"]I agree they should have toured, Ace looked absolutely awesome during the Elder years.
:Ace: : I agree: The costume is simple & "easy", but it looked good !
The best of the 4, IMO :OK: !

I'm not sure about every song off the album, but definately stuff like I and A World Without Heroes.
It`s a concept, so I think by a naturell tour (81/82), it would be cool.. :oops: :wink: !

It would be nice if they played these and a couple of others during some shows these days as a nice treat for the audience.
:OK: [/quote]
:wave:
[size=150][color=violet][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size]
[size=150][color=black][b]-[/b][/color][/size] [color=red][size=150][b]Gene[/b][/size][/color] [size=150][b][color=black]-[/color][/b][/size] [size=150][color=green][b]Eric Singer[/b][/color][/size] [color=black][size=150][b]&[/b][/size][/color][size=150][b][color=blue]Tommy[/color][/b][/size]

Fallen Angel
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Belgium

Post by Fallen Angel »

taken from http://www.sacktrick.com/kiss/elderlivereview.htm
What if Kiss had done a full tour for Music from the Elder?

We all know that Kisstory has been a story of success after success but several key points in Kisstory were pivotal. None more so perhaps than the cancellation of the Elder project and tour shortly after the album's release.

Here's a hypothetical look at how Kisstory may have turned out...

KISS Elder Tour Live Review

Image Image Image

"Reactions to the new Kiss album "Music from the Elder" have been mixed amongst fans. Some have see it as an exciting new re-birth for a band that was in danger of losing it's rock'n'roll roots, while for others this new album simply puts another nail in their coffin. Kiss' last two albums have been somewhat poppier than the hardcore Kiss Army would have liked and with the surprise departure of original drummer Peter Criss to pursue a solo career last year American fans have yet to see his replacement Eric "the Fox" Carr in action. This may explain the less than sold out crowd and also the tense excitement than hangs in the air tonite.
I entered the arena just minutes before Kiss are due to hit the stage, in fact I was still just finding my seat as the lights went down and everybody else jumps out of theirs, hysterical with fists in the air. The first of many surprises tonite was the fact that the band no longer use their time honoured "You wanted the best, you got the best" introduction. Instead, the while dry ice fills the still shrouded stage "Fanfare", the instrumental from the new album is literally blasted through the PA system.

As the final chords of "Fanfare" die away, the curtain in front of the stage drops to reveal Paul Stanley bathed in a spotlight, centre stage, churning out the opening riff to "The Oath", perhaps the heaviest track from the new album. The band thunder into the song, pyros exploding across the front of the stage. There had been some talk of the new stage show being a less bombastic one than the band have been famous for on past tours, but this opening salvo was every bit as theatrical as their past excesses.
The stage itself is perhaps less gaudy than on previous tours but no less dramatic. Large tubular risers flank the band on either side with a larger similar arrangement as the drum riser. Black and white chequers like a chess board make up the theme colours. But as ever with a Kiss concert it's the action onstage rather than the stage itself which holds everybody's attention.

Surprisingly the instant centre of my attentions is newboy Eric Carr pounding away behind his kit, double bass drum literally shaking the building during the opening number. His energy alone wins over even die-hard the fans who've turned up wearing Peter's old war paint. He also appears to be the only Kiss member to have grown his hair at all since the recent promotional photos of the band with short hair, which so shocked some of their heavy metal following.

Paul Stanley (even with short hair and a quite alarming bandana) still commands the stage with all his charisma. Strutting, chest-beating and pouting from the start, he sings his heart out. Personally I've never heard him on better form, this guy just keeps getting better.

Rumours that Ace Frehley had been unhappy with the new album or may even go the way of Peter Criss would seem to be unfounded judging by tonite's performance. On recent tours he has sometimes seemed more Space than Ace. But tonite, perhaps the fact that he's now wearing silver baseball boots instead of the traditional towering stack heels, he's got a new spring in his step and despite being all but inaudible in the mix until halfway through "The Oath" he literally blazed away on his guitar.

Gene Simmons, if anyone seemed to be taking a back seat, at least for the first few numbers. He may have had a few technical troubles as he seemed to look over to side stage a little anxiously a couple of times, but somehow his previously menacing character was lost tonite without his trademark top-knot hairstyle. Again, smaller heels seemed to have got Gene running around like never before.

The familiar "King of the Nighttime World" was next up in the set with hardly a breathing space, Eric Carr instantly stamping his own signature onto the track. After "King..." Paul Stanley greeted the now rabid audience with his usual "How Ya Doin' Detroit?" and enqired as to whether any of us were suffering from "Rock'nRoll Pneumonia" before calling out "Dr Love". This is what many fans had been waiting for: a return to classic Kiss style and they may have been hoping for a evening of Kiss classics but it was not to be.
No sooner had Gene finished growling his way through the track, than roadies were pulling up three high stools onto the stage. Paul Stanley asked us how we liked the new album to which a majority cheered but I'm sad to say a few behind me booed, then pulled on an acoustic guitar and along with the band strummed his way through "Just A Boy". While on the album the song didn't strike me as particularly good on first listening, live it was another story. I sat enraptured all throughout, although as it finished it became clear this wasn't a short interlude in the rock set but a major part of the show. The band remained seated throughout "Odyssey" and "Only You" (during which a large backdrop of the new new album cover was lit up across the stage). Many fans however did not remain seated, those behind me leaving never to return. Their loss- it was a great gig!

With the stage being cleared of stools by the end of "Under the Rose" it was Ace's turn to shine. His smoking guitar solo, while a little lengthy for my tastes was certainly a crowd pleaser after the last few numbers and when he broke into "Dark Light" most of the crowd were back up and rocking with him. The new single "A World without Heroes" followed, with Paul asking us if we'd seen the promotional video clip for it and saying it's the only time we'll ever get to see Gene cry.

Gene's solo spot with the usual menacing bass rumbles and blood spitting (but without the flying on wires trick) was greeted with the crowd chanting his name and odd shouts of "God of Thunder". It was then with some surprise that the band went into the new track "Mr Blackwell". As with Gene's performance throughout the main set there was a slight air of disappointment in the atmosphere, perhaps as fans realised they were not going to get to hear many of their favorite songs. "Mr Blackwell" is a great track, don't get me wrong, but I think most of the crowd would be with me here in wanting to hear more of the older tracks.

Next up was more disappointment for some of the older fans with the instrumental "Escape from the Island" only being saved by an incredible drum solo from Eric Carr. This boy certainly won some hearts over tonite!
The band had barely been onstage for just over 50 minutes before Paul started saying his goodbyes. He sad that it had been a great night for the band (indeed they seemed altogether much more relaxed than on previous tours), made a big deal of thanking the fans for sticking with them and hinted that the best was yet to come. A really pumping version of "I", again from the new album followed, with the sing-along and quite funny sight of thousands of Kiss Army soldiers trying to snap their fingers in time. But again I'm sure many people like me were thinking they'd really rather be treated to "Rock and Roll All Nite".

However any fans who had left the arena, like those behind me, would surely regret missing the encores. "Detroit Rock City" ran straight into "Cold Gin" the band sounding tighter and heavier than ever before. Paul did a much shortened version of his "pistol in my pocket" rap before taking us into "Love Gun" and "Let Me Go Rock'n'Roll". "Black Diamond" finished the first encores with Eric Carr on lead vocals for the first time proving himself a great singer too. At this point I doubt if many people still wanted to hear "Beth".

When they came out again Ace mumbled something I didn't quite catch before getting everyone's hands clapping for "New York Groove". And Paul once again proved what a great singer he's become during "I Was Made for Lovin' You". After he had once again thanked the fans, said that Detroit had always been "number one" and promised to come back "real soon" the show ended in a blur of pyros and confetti with "Rock and Roll All Nite".

All in all it was a great gig. The encores alone were worth the ticket price to any Kiss Army member, but the set did dip dramatically in the middle due to an over reliance on slow tracks from the new album. I really like the new album and to hear it live was a real treat for me but if the band are to return to the sold out stadiums of a few years ago, they're still some way short of convincing all their fans."

Review by Chris Paulo Dale

BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
United States of America

Post by 24 »

22 songs in that review. Wow. If only.

If there had been an Elder tour and shows were recorded, I bet they wouldn't be included on Kissology 2. Haha! Argh.

MarKISSuk
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Post by MarKISSuk »

[quote="tiger67";p="204091"] :Ace: : I agree: The costume is simple & "easy", but it looked good !
The best of the 4, IMO :OK: !
[/quote]

Yeah, the simplicity of it makes it special. It's definately the best of the four Elder costumes and one of my favourite Ace costumes. I think he looks good with slightly shorter hair too :Ace:

Also thanks Fallen Angel for posting that review :OK:
I don't wanna hear you might, there's a fire getting near, the sparks ignite...
[img][/img]
If you're ready for a wild ride, let me hear you SAY YEAH!!!