THE KISS DRAGONFLY L.P.

The Forum for collectors. Merchandise of any sort.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

anthemcentral.com

THE KISS DRAGONFLY L.P.

Post by anthemcentral.com »

(This started as a reply to a post regarding a pic that was said to be a photo of an alternate costume made for Paul during the Destroyer era)
I agree....this is the 1978 Paul Stanley solo outfit.............each member had a new outfit.............with Gene sporting his love gun duds with a red and black dracula cape added, Peter with a new silver and black vest added to his love gun pants and boots (and can be seen in Kiss Meets the phantom with this alteration), Ace in an all silver space suit and Paul in his "Bolero" outfit. These outfits can be seen in very cool pics in the back of the Kiss Your Face Makeup kit booklet which i have up for sale on e bay. To view this item click below,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=016

I also have The Originals 8 track complete in Mint condition with cover/box still in plastic with all inserts including a promo page for a alive era kiss poster which was only included in the 8 track version of the originals. Check it out..........click below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=016

What seems funny to me is how the kiss "tell all" books and so called history books about the band never mention the proposed tour Aucion, Simmons and Bogart had planned to promote the Solo Albums in late 78, and how Bogart had seconds thoughts about the whole Solo album idea and had a back up plan to release a best of collection (of course not called a best of) that could of been overseen as a double album and i think it could of been easily their best album if they went forward with this plan. And the initial title for the l.p. was Dragonfly............being that they were determined to name an album starting with the letter D, hence being an official sequel to Destroyer,they scrapped that idea and later went with Dynasty. Many fans in different circles talk as if this is common knowledge but when i visit these forums, most peeps don't know what i'm talking about. But I'm sure the folks here know this being that you all sound like TRUE KISS fans.Gene and Paul were asked about this on a local Dallas news station that was covering the Psycho Circus tour and they were asked about this.......don't have any clips i can show you but they confirmed this and also, a friend of mine asked Bruce Kul;ick if he knew anything about this when he was signing autographs at a Merced fair while on tour with Grand Funk last year. He also confirmed that he also heard of this...............and that the album cover that is seen in Kisstory on the unused album cover page is indeed the proposed album that was planned as a possible album including the best cuts from the solo lp's

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Yeah I remember the talk about it but don't really have any details to add other then what you posted.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]