Anvil The Story of Anvil

Anything non Kiss related goes in here: other bands, fun, whatever...

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Anvil The Story of Anvil

Post by DigitalXMan »

There is this rockumentary that has been out for sometime now about the band Anvil. They are a Canadian band that have been around since the 80's. Anvil has been labeled one of the best rock/metal bands of all time that have never made it big. This rockumentary is very very good. It has gotten praise from alot of musicians. If you have never heard of them, I think you will love this film about their career. Check out the trailor.... :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7v2nUc ... re=related
Last edited by DigitalXMan on Fri 27. Feb 2009, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisCaravello
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by ChrisCaravello »

METAL ON METAL :OK:

Jeff Rich
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Post by Jeff Rich »

Two of the guys were on the last episode of That Metal Show with Eddie Trunk (Sat at 11:00-11:30pm on VH1Classic + repeat airtimes). They were cool and showed clips from the movie, and challenged all touring bands who claim to love Anvil to take them on tour.
I thought the clips were priceless--missing trains or airplanes and trying to get paid for a show you just played are concepts I can relate to.
"Listen...we'd love to stand around and chat, but...we have to go sit in the lobby and wait on the limo."

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

I seen the previews to that episode of That Metal Show. I seen most of the others. Great show by the way. I think the Anvil Rockumentary is coming out in April but I am not sure. I plan on getting it, it looks good and has gotten rave reviews from the Sundance Film Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwYEkoLT1M