conflicker C VIRUS??!!

Anything non Kiss related goes in here: other bands, fun, whatever...

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

conflicker C VIRUS??!!

Post by DigitalXMan »

Hey Friends I am not trying to scare anyone here but there seems to be a virus out there that may/may not infect millions of computers on April 1st. April Fool's day of course.....ughh. I am putting this post here in case you haven't heard about it. I heard about it on CNN.Make sure your anti-virus is updated... :wave:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker
http://geeks.pirillo.com/forum/topics/c ... emic-april

SPACE-ACE 67
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by SPACE-ACE 67 »

Thanx for the info :wave:
[img]http://kissforum.de/phpbb2/images/nickpage/7501241473109.jpg[/img]

KISS74
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by KISS74 »

:haha: I Love my Linux System :D

:kiss: 74
Linux, das beste Mittel um den Status "DAU" zu verlassen.

Jabber! Wie E-Mail, nur schneller -
http://einfachjabber.de/

Lady_Kiss
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Bulgaria

Re: conflicker C VIRUS??!!

Post by Lady_Kiss »

[quote="DigitalXMan";p="273942"]Hey Friends I am not trying to scare anyone here but there seems to be a virus out there that may/may not infect millions of computers on April 1st. April Fool's day of course.....ughh. I am putting this post here in case you haven't heard about it. I heard about it on CNN.Make sure your anti-virus is updated... :wave:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker
http://geeks.pirillo.com/forum/topics/c ... emic-april[/quote]

Do you really believe in this :wink:

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

well before I posted this I checked different websites. It all seems real. CNN reported it. It's on wikipedia plus a ton of other different websites related to computer issues. I say do a search and get info. It could very well be a hoax but it won't hurt to have your virus protection updated. BTW, The reports I read said Microsoft is offereing $250,000.00 reward for the author of the conflicker c virus. So I guess it's up to you if you want to beleive it. I just thought I would put on here.I found it to be interesting. I hope it is a hoax. :wave:

Lady_Kiss
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Bulgaria

Post by Lady_Kiss »

OK :wink: and what exactly is expected to do :roll:

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

My understanding is that conflicker A and B virus were unleashed but were stopped. Now there is "C" and people are uncertain of it because apparently there is a date this virus is suppose to activate,that date being April 1. April Fool's Day of all days...... :roll: I hope people are being fooled and this is a joke but I did do some research on it before I posted this. Please don't shoot the messenger here. I am only passing some information that seems reliable.and hopefuly helpful to everyone on the board :wave:

I have no idea what it is suppose to do....sorry. I read it is to suppose to go thru your "autorun" program if you have windows after that I don't have a clue.

Jeff Rich
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Post by Jeff Rich »

Thanks for the warning bro~

Is there any info on HOW it would infect your computer? Such as, would it be from visiting a particular site or group of sites, opening a suspicious email, or just from connecting to the net that day period?
"Listen...we'd love to stand around and chat, but...we have to go sit in the lobby and wait on the limo."

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

I will copy and paste what I have found. My advice to who is concerned is to search conflicker c virus and gather research. I am no computer whiz I will admit.

conflicker c --- CNN News 2009
25 Mar 2009. Remember that dreaded Conflicker?? Well reports say that there might be a HUGE attack with this com.

Sharing Your Knowledge (the application, hardware, software, the
The problem with this latest version of Conflicker is this, version A would use 250 domain names in which was manageable by those trying to control it, however, Conflicker C is said to use up to 50000 domain names a day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do You Have The Conflicker C Virus?
Posted on March 25, 2009. Filed under: scams | Tags: cash advance, CNN, computers, Conflicker C virus, Enigma Software Group, fraud, internet, Microsoft, scam, worm |

According to Internet security experts, that a computer virus is scheduled to hit millions of computers through the Web on April 1, and that it’s not a hoax. The virus, called Conficker C, might have already infected between 5 million and 10 million computers, researchers say. A master computer is set to gain control of the worm on April 1, 2009.

Hackers To Save The Day
Several self-proclaimed “former hackers” have banded together to find the author of the virus and stop it. They also are researching ways to do damage control if the virus can’t be stopped.

A statement from the CEO of Enigma Software Group says: “We love catching bad guys, We’re like former hackers who like to catch other hackers. To us, we get almost a feather in our cap to be able to knock out that worm. We slap each other five when we’re killing those infections.”- From CNN

Bounty Hunting For The Bad Guys
Of course, the cash advance Microsoft is offering probably doesn’t hurt. Microsoft says it will give $250,000 to the person or company who finds the culprit.

Stealing Identities
The researchers say the virus could infect computers with keystroke-recording software. That would make identity theft a piece of cake for the hackers and could possibly leave you avictim.

Don’t Be Fooled
The director of threat research at a New York IT firm, Don DeBolt says, that the virus is likely to scam computer users with offers of fake software or other phony products in exchange for money.

The first version of Conficker was released in late 2008 and aimed at getting users to buy fake anti-virus software.

There isn’t a whole lot out there as far as ways to protect yourself from viruses. There is one piece of information that might put some users at ease.

One quick way to see if your computer has been infected is to see if you have gotten automatic updates from Windows in March. If so, your computer likely is fine, DeBolt told CNN.

Other than that the best thing your can do is don’t buy software online and hope that the worm is stopped before April 1.

I hope this is helpful, like I said please search thru google or whoever and do whatever you think is necessary. :wave:

Partyman

Post by Partyman »

Isn't this like bountyhunting by ex - criminals in cyberworld ?
(sounds like a moviescript to me :mrgreen: )