Making a CD from a concert DVD

Anything non Kiss related goes in here: other bands, fun, whatever...

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Baron Von Bielski
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Making a CD from a concert DVD

Post by Baron Von Bielski »

I wanna be able to make a music CD from Animalize Live Uncensored DVD... is there a way to do this?
[img]http://www.kissforum.de/phpbb2/userpix/9235_462832448_462832448forumtonnel_2.jpg[/img]

MarKISSuk
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Post by MarKISSuk »

yep, there are loads of programs u can download for free off the internet that allow u to extract the audio off a video. first youd need to rip the video off the dvd (also plenty of programs for free).

in fact, u wanna do exactly what i did, i made animalize live uncenscored into a cd :OK:
I don't wanna hear you might, there's a fire getting near, the sparks ignite...
[img][/img]
If you're ready for a wild ride, let me hear you SAY YEAH!!!

Baron Von Bielski
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

[quote="MarKISSuk";p="293829"]yep, there are loads of programs u can download for free off the internet that allow u to extract the audio off a video. first youd need to rip the video off the dvd (also plenty of programs for free).

in fact, u wanna do exactly what i did, i made animalize live uncenscored into a cd :OK:[/quote]

Thanks! Which programs would allow me to do this? Meaning, what did you use? Not sure how to word it when I am searching.
[img]http://www.kissforum.de/phpbb2/userpix/9235_462832448_462832448forumtonnel_2.jpg[/img]

MarKISSuk
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Post by MarKISSuk »

i use a program called 'dvd shrink' to rip dvds to my computer as its free and easy to use.

and to extract audio i used a program called 'aoa audio extractor'. also free and nice and simple.

there are probably better programs out there but thats what i used and they did the job :OK:

bare in mind, if u use these programs, if u rip the dvd in one chunk and then extract the audio youll just hav 1 massive audio file with the whole show on it and would then need another program to cut it up into seperate tracks. however dvd shrink allows u to rip the dvd into smaller chunks so u can set it to rip each track individually.
[img][/img]

Baron Von Bielski
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

[quote="MarKISSuk";p="293925"]i use a program called 'dvd shrink' to rip dvds to my computer as its free and easy to use.

and to extract audio i used a program called 'aoa audio extractor'. also free and nice and simple.

there are probably better programs out there but thats what i used and they did the job :OK:

bare in mind, if u use these programs, if u rip the dvd in one chunk and then extract the audio youll just hav 1 massive audio file with the whole show on it and would then need another program to cut it up into seperate tracks. however dvd shrink allows u to rip the dvd into smaller chunks so u can set it to rip each track individually.[/quote]

Thank you kindly! I will start work on that. I can use a program I have called mp3 trackmaker to split them. It works pretty well.

MarKISSuk
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Post by MarKISSuk »

[quote="Baron Von Bielski";p="293938"][quote="MarKISSuk";p="293925"]i use a program called 'dvd shrink' to rip dvds to my computer as its free and easy to use.

bare in mind, if u use these programs, if u rip the dvd in one chunk and then extract the audio youll just hav 1 massive audio file with the whole show on it and would then need another program to cut it up into seperate tracks. however dvd shrink allows u to rip the dvd into smaller chunks so u can set it to rip each track individually.[/quote]

Thank you kindly! I will start work on that. I can use a program I have called mp3 trackmaker to split them. It works pretty well.[/quote]

cool, good luck :OK:
[img][/img]

Baron Von Bielski
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

I ended up using a program [30-day trial] called DVD Audio Extractor. It actually stripped the audio as it ripped it onto the computer... and it separated it by chapters just like on the DVD. All I had to do was rename the tracks. So far I made Animalize Live Uncensored, Rock The Nation Live! and The Sydney Showgrounds from 1980. Couldn't have been easier.

MarKISSuk
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Post by MarKISSuk »

[quote="Baron Von Bielski";p="294412"]I ended up using a program [30-day trial] called DVD Audio Extractor. It actually stripped the audio as it ripped it onto the computer... and it separated it by chapters just like on the DVD. All I had to do was rename the tracks. So far I made Animalize Live Uncensored, Rock The Nation Live! and The Sydney Showgrounds from 1980. Couldn't have been easier.[/quote]

cool stuff, glad to know all went well :OK:

i also did rtn :wink:
[img][/img]