I have a question?

Anything non Kiss related goes in here: other bands, fun, whatever...

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

sonny83
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
United States of America

I have a question?

Post by sonny83 »

Does anybody remember a group from the 70s called Angel? They had a cool album cover called White Hot.
They wore all white, kinda like Fredy Mercuery of Queen and they all had real long hair? They had the best key boards i ever heard. A good singer also, They were like a opposite looking Kiss with out make-up, all white costumes and there white hot album cover resembled Destroyers cover somewhat, only on the cover the town was like burnt to rubble and the group was tied up to posts or something? anyway i still have some of their songs. They are hard to find these days.

rock-star
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Netherlands

Post by rock-star »

Fallen Angel
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Belgium

Post by Fallen Angel »

They're actually still around. I saw them last year and they were absolutely fantastic!

After the show I bought there an album there, their latest release from 1999 called In The Beginning. It was the only album on sale there.

That album was not as energetic as there show and they didn't even play a song of it.

So I went to the record store. Seems there latest cd is the only on available.

I searched on the Internet and found the reason. The band split in 1980 and was signed to Casablanca, which got bought by Polygram some years later. Polygram never reissued there 7 albums on cd. They did however bring out a best of in 1992 called An Anthology, which I found via Internet. That I did love. The band reformed in 1999 and recorded In The Beginning for Coallier Entertainment. Polygram refuses to reissue their old albums or sell it on to another record company.

So if you own one of the old albums today, you've got a collector's item!

Last month I found White Hot by accident on a record expo (only € 5!).

This is a great band, I hope to see 'em again and find some more albums.

Here's their official site by the way.

k|msy
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Italy

Post by k|msy »

never heard of them sorry =/
and yes they really remind me of Queen! what a great band

sonny83
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
United States of America

Still around!!!!!

Post by sonny83 »

My sister and some of my friends have their albums, old ones and i have all of white hot on CD. (copy of course) thanks for the info fallen angel :OK:

Fallen Angel
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Belgium

Post by Fallen Angel »

No problem.

If you have time, you should search for the cover of 'In The Beginning'. It's a painting of an Angelpiramide being build by an ancient civilization. Reminds of the Destroyer cover in some way. A can't place a scan here of my album since most of the cover is covered by autographs of all 5 members, so you can't really see it.