Keith Moon fans

Anything non Kiss related goes in here: other bands, fun, whatever...

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

She74
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Keith Moon fans

Post by She74 »

here are some stories if your a Keith Moon fan you will love them. He is my in my top 7 list.

some crazy stuff he has done the stories are endless. just a few......

Is this not reason enough to be number one?
This is from Pete Townshend's interview with Musician magazine in 1989. HILARIOUS!

"Keith heard this Danish hotel had one suite with a waterbed, and he kept ringing them to make sure he got that particular suite: "I want to try some experiments. Naughty Copenhagen, here I come. It will hold the weight of five or six female bodies, won't it?" So we were having coffee in Ws room, and I said how great it would be if we could get the mattress -- it was 4000 gallons -- in the lift and send it down to flood the lobby. Of course it wouldn't move, but Keith tried to lever it out of the frame, and it burst. The water was a foot high, flooding out into the hallway and down several floors. At first it was "Ha! Ha! Ha!" Then, "Ha... ha... ha... ooooh, this is going to cost hundreds of thousands of pounds! What are we going to do?" The destruction was unbelievable.
"Don't worry, Pete. I'll handle this, " Keith says, and he rings the desk. "Hello, I want to talk to the manager. I have a suitcase here full of the most expensive stage clothes, designed by Hardy Amis, tailor to the Queen. Yes, yes, and they have just been engulfed by 4000 gallons of water from this leaking waterbed. Not only do I demand immediate replacement of my clothing, but also a room on the top floor, straight away"' And the manager came running upstairs, "Oh my God! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Keith claimed it had burst when we sat on the bed, and he had called several times beforehand to make sure it would hold a large number of bodies. The guy bought it, and we never had to pay."

Same magazine, interview with Roger Daltrey.

"It was a joke Keith and I played on John in Seattle. We turned Keith into John Entwistle -- gave him a Fu Manchu moustache, dyed his hair, got the clothes just right. And Keith spent the whole evening walking one pace behind John. He mimicked him perfectly."

Alice Cooper said on his radio show once that Keith wanted his tape recorder, but it was in Pete's room. Pete was asleep and he wouldn't open the door for him, so Keith knocked a hole in the wall, crawled through and got the tape recorder. The manager of the hotel came in a while after and asked what the hole was doing there in the wall. Moonie said, "It was rats, huge rats. I'm not paying for a hotel room with rats in it." The manager believed him!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

He once took eight elephant tranquilizers in San Francisco and survived. Couldn't move, couldn't play. He was in a wheelchair for two days. I have a Super-8 film of when we brought him off the plane in a wheelchair. The doctor from Free Clinic says, "His heart is only beating once every 30 seconds! He's clinically dead!" And Keith says [mumbles], "F*ck off." That is not apocryphal. I have it on film." --Pete Townshend

A funny one from Harry Nilsson. Keith played on his album Pussy Cats, produced by John Lennon, around the time of John's "Lost Weekend" in LA. "About a year before he died we were rooming together in London. We tried to sober up for a day; this is when I used to drink. We went to a movie. Then we went to another movie. After the second movie some madman in a car almost ran us down, so we decided to go to a pub. We only had a couple of pounds but somebody recognized Keith -- I think it was the fur coat -- and the drinks were on the house.
After the pub closed we went to a hotel. It happened to be the first night of their disco attempt; the music was horrible. Of course, they were buying drinks for us. Halfway through the second bottle Keith snapped. He picked up a bottle and threw it at the disc jockey. It hit the wall behind him, bounced back and wiped out the turntables. The room came to a sudden stop. The next thing I know, the table is upsidedown, there are security people and I was on the floor. I looked up and saw Keith being carried out over the heads of six waiters, his arms and legs flailing, screaming, "Charge this to Neil Sedaka!" He was at the hotel at the time."
-----------------------------------------------------

"In the end I had to stop Keith buying me presents because I'd always get the bill! "I don't want anything else from you, Keith, because I'm tired of paying it! " But he'd go, "Now, I've got you this, dear boy, hah, you need this!" "Great, thanks a lot.” And the next week I'd get the bloody bill!

One time, after the Who had been on the road, this huge Rolls pulls up in the middle of Berkeley Street in London, Keith comes out dressed as an American policeman, and he's carrying this huge stuffed panda bear up to my office. He'd gotten a full Chicago policeman's uniform from some policeman; he was very good at that sort of stuff."
-------------------------------

When they were filming Tommy he and the guy who played the lover in the movie, Oliver Reed, had a lovely time until Olie left the room and left Keith there (very bad mistake!) and of course he wreked the entire place destryoed every last bit of it and called room service blaming Reed then Moon did the same to his own room and blamed Reed agin lol. Of course Reed got over it!

==============================

Moonie once was bored in a hotel room, so he found a hammer and nails and first removed all of the furniture from the room. Then, he nailed the carpet to the ceiling and all of the furniture, in the exact spot that it was before. Except on the ceiling
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Once, Keith and a bunch of other people went to a resturant, and on the table was a lovely floral arrangement. The other people began to notice throughout the course of the meal that the flowers were dissapearing. As it turns out, Keith was eating them.

+++++++++++++++++++
He once threw a birthday party for himself at a Holiday Inn. When the manager came in and told them to quite it down a little, Keith went beserk. He threw the cake in the manager's face, ran down the hall screaming, grabbed a fire extenguisher and sprayed all the cars in the parking lot with it, stripped naked, jumped into the swimming pool, then tripped over the doorsil and knocked out two of his teeth.

He once took a one-legged man with him for a joyride. He got onto the wrong side of the road, straight twords the oncoming traffic, so the man took off his fake leg and began pounding Keith with it. Keith drove the car into a ditch, and the man pounded him a bit more before putting his leg back on and walking off.
Another time he was driving his car down the highway at some very high speeds and forgot to shift gears. The car did a compleate roll over and stopped a few feat from a 60 foot drop. The first person to arrive on the scene was a policeman on a bicycle. He looked the damage over, made sure Keith was okay, and said, "Hello, Keith, I knew it was you."

Demon
Location: Central Florida - It is Hotter than Hell down here!!

Post by Demon »

Well, I did not read the post above. All I know is that he was the drummer for Led Zepplin and he is dead.

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Hey 77 it was the who but we get your point :mrgreen: :wave:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Demon

Post by Demon »

[quote="Kiss777";p="143605"]Hey 77 it was the who but we get your point :mrgreen: :wave:[/quote]

Whoops...your right. John Bahnammmmmmm (however you spell it) was the drummer for Zep.

Partyman

Post by Partyman »

BOTH drummers are LEGENDS to me :OK:

She74
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Post by She74 »

[quote="kiss77";p="143607"][quote="Kiss777";p="143605"]Hey 77 it was the who but we get your point :mrgreen: :wave:[/quote]

Whoops...your right. John Bahnammmmmmm (however you spell it) was the drummer for Zep.[/quote]

Point taken and noted

John Bonham was Zeppelins drummer which today is John Henry Bonhams Birthday.. even though hes dead.
(my other obsession)

Partyman

Post by Partyman »

I would love to see Zeppelin play again with Jason Bonham on drums :mrgreen: :wave:

saw a documentary on Dutch tv about Keith Moon...... :mrgreen:
that dude was a REEL FREAK :mrgreen:

She74
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Post by She74 »

[quote="partyman";p="143694"]I would love to see Zeppelin play again with Jason Bonham on drums :mrgreen: :wave:

saw a documentary on Dutch tv about Keith Moon...... :mrgreen:
that dude was a REEL FREAK :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ive got the Kids are alright special edition DVD, I love that Who documentary.

Keith was a comedic monster... I think Him and John Bonham are having a ball right now up there .

I would have liked to meet him just once however, Moon or Bonzo.

Well as for Zeppelin reunion that is a dead horse. Without Bonzo, Zeppelin isnt the same even though Jason is almost as good as dad. Jason is busy with Foriegner and doing thnat Supergroup on vh1 with Sabastian Bach.

Demon

Post by Demon »

I've tried over the years to get into Zeplin and I just can't. I watched the Song Remains the Same back in high school (middle 80's) and just could not get into it.

The Who are cool, but I don't have any of their stuff.

She74
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
United States of America

Post by She74 »

It seems some arent into zep I think if you ever get a chance to hear some of there Live shows you would have a diffrent opinion on it.

and you have to like Jam bands too, they are more on the Blues side of things. actually they hit on a bit of all styles, country too.

As for The Who, they been in business since the 60s , they are more like short n sweet songs...cept for the infamous 10 minute long song. in The kids are alright. If you ever get a chance check it out.

One for the Rock and Roll archives