Soccer-Mania In The USA?

Anything non Kiss related goes in here: other bands, fun, whatever...

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Deja
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Soccer-Mania In The USA?

Post by Deja »

Just watching the all time soccer classic England - Germany on tv and wondering if the american buddies in here care about soccer...i mean famous english player David Beckham just moved to Los Angeles to play in the MLS ya know, and tv stations over here say, that you guys got something like a "soccer-mania" because of him and his wife...is that true? what you think bout it?
...I Am DEJA3:16...You Are The DEJA3:16 Fans...And The Spirit Of DEJA3:16 Will Run FOREVER!!!...
(My Tribute To The "Ultimate Warrior" Jim Hellwig...My Hero 4 Life, Who Inspired Me In Creating The "Metal-Warrior Deja3:16" Gimmick In First Place.)

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

Well soccer is getting big in the school system at least in North Carolina. Each school has a team now. It has grown alot in the last 5 or 10 years I guess but it has nothing to do with David Beckham I don't think.. :wave:

Deja
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Deja »

Hm...okay i think we even got some american players here in the 1st and 2nd league in germany...usa soccer ain't that bad ya know, at least they made 4th place at the 2002 world cup...

But you heard bout Beckham didn't you? i mean he is "there" in the news? And is it more because of him or more because of his wife, the ex spice girl?
...I Am DEJA3:16...You Are The DEJA3:16 Fans...And The Spirit Of DEJA3:16 Will Run FOREVER!!!...
(My Tribute To The "Ultimate Warrior" Jim Hellwig...My Hero 4 Life, Who Inspired Me In Creating The "Metal-Warrior Deja3:16" Gimmick In First Place.)

DigitalXMan
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by DigitalXMan »

[quote="DejaVuDataBase";p="205053"]Hm...okay i think we even got some american players here in the 1st and 2nd league in germany...usa soccer ain't that bad ya know, at least they made 4th place at the 2002 world cup...

But you heard bout Beckham didn't you? i mean he is "there" in the news? And is it more because of him or more because of his wife, the ex spice girl?[/quote]

Yes he has been in the news a little that I have been able to see but the the "hollywood" type stuff not the sport news. You know like "David Beckham was seen in L.A.at a movie premeire with his wife"..................pfffttttt

Firehouse
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by Firehouse »

Who is David Beckham? :mrgreen:

Firehouse
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by Firehouse »

"Get me the ball or I'll cry!"