KISS How do like yours......

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Acefrehleysbutler
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

KISS How do like yours......

Post by Acefrehleysbutler »

I've just sat and listened to the first Kiss Album, on Vinyl as I got a retro record player for Christmas, and I can't believe a) how much better it sounds than on the CD, and b) how nostalgic it made me feel, it was like being transported back to being a kid listening to an album to just listen to it, not just put it on in the background while doing something else.

Just wondering, now that we live in the digital age, how everyone on here, listens to Kiss ?
I believe that the only way that the human race is gonna survive is to start colonizing space and setting up colonies on the moon, and then space stations.
-Ace Frehley

Homer_S
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Re: KISS How do like yours......

Post by Homer_S »

I LOVE vinyl! I like the raw sound, esp. from the frist albums! But all vinyl records sounds more "music" like cd. Nice to hear you like it! Maybe you being a vinyl fan! :OK:
Last edited by Homer_S on Tue 14. Jan 2014, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
My new site: http://collectination.jimdo.com/ NOW UPDATED!
http://www.new-metal-media.de/

*2015 ROCKAVARIA Munich*

Acefrehleysbutler
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Yup, I have to agree, it's that raw and rough sound that you miss on the CDs.
I've starting working my way back through the vinyl I originally used to listen to, and the difference is amazing.
I listen to them on a retro style record player, so it's most definitely not audiophile quality by any means, but that's the beauty of it, that's how it sounded when I first heard Kiss.

Long live vinyl, at least my copies anyway !!
I believe that the only way that the human race is gonna survive is to start colonizing space and setting up colonies on the moon, and then space stations.
-Ace Frehley

acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Used to love buying albums back in the day. Nothing like opening a new KISS album,smelling the vinyl,looking at the inserts/lyric sheets and then hearing the album crackle before the opening track kicks in.
The Japanese vinyls always seemed to have a better sound.

Homer_S
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Homer_S »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Nothing like opening a new KISS album,smelling the vinyl,looking at the inserts/lyric sheets and then hearing the album crackle before the opening track kicks in.
Yeah! Thats so awesome!!!! :OK:

THIS feeling:

:OK:

*2015 ROCKAVARIA Munich*

Cobohall1975
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Cobohall1975 »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:Used to love buying albums back in the day. Nothing like opening a new KISS album,smelling the vinyl,looking at the inserts/lyric sheets and then hearing the album crackle before the opening track kicks in.
The Japanese vinyls always seemed to have a better sound.
I think the Japanese used "virgin" vinyl (unused vinyl) as opposed to recycled vinyl.Remember reading a rumour that the crackle and pops sometimes heard even on a brand new unplayed vinyl album was due to particles (glue and label paper) that were not completed removed off the old vinyl before it was melted down to be used again.
Anyway,my vinyl collection went years ago,incl all my Kiss rarities.CD was the order of the day when a fellow Kiss fan A/B-ed Kiss "Alive!" on vinyl and cd,and kept switching from one to the other. To me the cd was a hell of a lot louder. In those days all men played on 10.
Fast forward to now: All my cds are now loaded onto a media type player (Cocktail Audio x10) which has a 2 TB hard drive. That's linked to a DAC,then into a receiver of good quality and finally into a pair of Monitor Audio speakers. I too miss the excitement of the 12" sleeve with lyrics etc,but I'm lazy now,so I don't miss the having to get up off my fat arse to turn the record over. With my x10 I can access 2,500 albums in seconds. I don't play stuff that loud nowadays so the sound quality really doesn't bother me that much,but each to his own.

;)
"....Being a bad boy ain't that bad.
I've had me more dirty women than most men ever had..."

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

since 1978 when I took in a record shop Alive II, the entire catalog of KISS, I always purchased in all available formats, vinyl, cassette, compact disc and vinyl and still I fight now ..... years to support the best music exclusively on vinyl, even in Sweden, there 'was a petition to save the vinyl ..... now after many years and finally, I manage a small independent label, by choice, costs, quality ', but above all to make sure that nobody can illegally download our products, we produce only 90% vinyl, both 7 "and LPs, in very rare cases (also due to a larger budget) also produce the format cd, but obvious 'that runs our vinyl (this is garage rock, sixties rock and rock and roll in general), do not ever get over the 500 units' ......

Years ago I read in a magazine supports stereo, the best vinyl ever listening, it was the Japanese production, but obviously 'played with the right equipment, with facilities like Technics or Pioneer, the quality' of that time was significantly higher compared the first compact discs ..... now the quality 'of various CDs are much better ........

but especially over the charm of the vinyl sound, there is always the wonderful work of the covers (some discs prog, are masterpieces on canvas .... lp!) and interior as texts to be read, or the possibility 'of insert extra material ....
I frankly because we do not see it, but read the lyrics of the songs on the cd, and I 'almost impossible ..... and besides get a CD autographed by 5 members of a group and so on ..... where lp there is better .....??

eventually you will want to reserve for all of you following the motto that for years I sponsor in the back of our productions .......

So many people to declare the end of the vinyl, talks about the noise ..... Ok listen to me, life has its own background noise and to me that's okay!!

SAVE THE MUSIC.......CHOOSE VINYL FOR THE BEST QUALITY.......
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!
www.facebook.com/kissarmypavia

Homer_S
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Homer_S »

robban wrote: Ok listen to me, life has its own background noise and to me that's okay!!

SAVE THE MUSIC.......CHOOSE VINYL FOR THE BEST QUALITY.......
Thats what i support! :OK:

*2015 ROCKAVARIA Munich*

Acefrehleysbutler
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

I just got some of the 40th Anniversary Vinyl rereleases, I've still to decide on whether or not to open them, or keep them sealed. I have most of the Kiss albums on vinyl already, so these were technically purchased as collectables, but with my recent return to Vinyl, I'm desperate to tear open the shrink wrap and stick the vinyl on to hear if they're any different. Has anyone else listened to the new 40th Anniversary "Back to Black" vinyl releases ?
-Ace Frehley

BunBun1

Post by BunBun1 »

I know how you feel, but now we've come so far with mp3's and stuff that just trying to get your hands on a record is crazy. :wall2: I just use my Ipod it's easier, at least for me. Plus you have all your songs in one place. Thank God!!!