Paul Stanley spricht (englisch)

Hast Du Neuigkeiten über Kiss erfahren? Hast Du interessante Links im Internet gefunden? Dann kannst Du es hier im Forum anderen Leuten mitteilen. Nicht nur lesen, sondern sein Wissen auch mit anderen teilen. Das ist der Sinn des Forums! Hier kannst Du natürlich auch mit anderen Leuten über Kiss diskutieren.

Moderators: Partyman, Legions, Man of 1000, speedy64, Moderatoren

Boardieman2002
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Germany

Paul Stanley spricht (englisch)

Post by Boardieman2002 »

Paul hat ein Interview gegeben :

Paul Stanley Speaks
KISS frontman talks about Ace, Peter, Gene, future and possible solo album
(Paul Stanley spricht über Ace,Peter,Gene, die Zukunft und ein mögliches Soloalbum)

It doesn't get much bigger than KISS. With possibly the largest and definitely the most loyal fan base in the world, KISS will make its Atlantic City debut at the Trump Taj Mahal's Mark G. Etess Arena on Saturday, July 17 in a Jersey Shore Entertainment production

One of the most influental bands of all time, KISS' anthem "Rock and Roll All Nite" remains one of the most-played tracks on radio today. The band's other hits - "Detroit Rock City," "Beth," "Shout It Out Loud," "Lick It Up" and many others - have sold millions of albums. The band has more gold records than The Beatles.

Lead singer/guitarist Paul Stanley and bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons still front the band that no longer features troubled members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. In are guitarist Tommy Thayer, a former guitar tech for KISS who blazes on stage, and longtime drummer Eric Singer, who can hit the drums harder than Criss ever dreamed of.

With dolls, pinball machines, action figures, comic books, condoms and coffins, no band has ever been marketed like KISS. Thirty years later, the band remains one of the best concert draws in the world. On this tour, KISS is also selling Instant Live CDs of the concert you attend for $25. The CDs, complete with full packaging, must be purchased before the concert and will be available minutes after it ends.

Stanley took the time to talk about KISS - past and present - in a candid interview.

Q: Paul, this tour has really been a nice surprise for KISS fans since you're changing the set around and playing songs you haven't played in 30 years. Is it cool to play songs like "Makin' Love," "C'Mon and Love Me," "Love Her All I Can" and "Shandi" after all these years?

A: It's awesome to hear these songs being played the way you wrote them so long ago. We get so fired up by the energy of the crowd and the music, it's unbelievable. They hear these songs, and they're louder than the band. It's what KISS is all about. The response to the songs every night is just relentless and deafening.

Q: What song did you really push to get back in the setlist?

A: "Got to Choose" - it just sounds great, it kills. The communication during that song with the audience is exceptional, even for KISS. This time out, we've really upped it. The bar is raised.

Q: But is it nice to do it with the music this time around and not just the pyrotechnics - even though that's still there?

A: Anybody can do a KISS show. Anyone can buy a KISS show. All you need is money. But you can't be KISS. That being said, it had to be more than that this time around. We can add more bombs and special effects, but the show is infinitely more powerful this time around because the band is more powerful.

Q: Was it hard for Eric and Tommy to get up to speed?

A: (Paul laughs.) No. Tommy's been with the band forever, and Eric was in the band before. They guys know more songs than ... other people that you think should know them.

Q: Like Peter and Ace?

A: I didn't say that. For me, this is never about taking pot shots. It doesn't make me any bigger. This band is about smiling and appreciating where we've been and also being excited about where we're going.

Q: Where are you going?

A: Forward. All I can say is that the response in Australia and Japan and the first 20 shows in America has been incredible. We have never been in better form. To be able to change the set nightly and play these songs as tight as they're being played - and as faithfully - is a tremendous treat, but a blessing, too.

Q: Why didn't you do this sooner?

A: The truth is the only thing that bothered me about the past tours is that we made ourselves prisoners to our own setlist. But that was self-imposed. We can't blame anyone but ourselves. We realized there is no reason we can't play the KISS classics and still leave room for other gems that have been put on the back burner - "Makin' Love," "She," "Parasite." It's tremendous. The thing is that I'm not only a member of the band, I'm a fan of KISS. So this is a plus for everyone. I have diehard fans coming to me nightly telling me this is the best tour so far.

Q: What do you think about Gene's new solo album?

A: (long pause) No comment. Let's just say, I hope it's what he wanted to do. He reaps the benefits or takes the ... criticism. If this is the album he chose to make, then he deserves what he gets, either way.

Q: You had the best solo album all of those years ago. Don't you have the itch for another one?

A: It's been in the works for a while; I'm just not on a soap box talking about it. It's half done. I'm not about selling sizzle. My album's about delivering a steak. It won't matter who's involved or what color the cover is. That's what it's not about. I want to release it sometime around the New Year.

Q: I know you did theater work, particularly "Phantom of the Opera," will there be more theater for you?

A: Absolutely. I was recently asked to do "Phantom" for Broadway. It's not a matter of if it will happen, it's when.

Q: You always read about Gene's girlfriends and Gene has books and everything, why don't we hear that stuff about you? Is that a choice, or don't people ask?

A: Most people don't ask. You put it out there if you want to talk about it. Stuff starts because you keep talking. I've chosen not to. If I tell you I came in last night on a flying saucer with Elvis, I would have to wonder why you would believe it. But people do believe stuff. My private life is private. It's not for public consumption as a rule, and I try not to embellish on that.

Q: How does your voice sound better than ever?

A: I've been doing it for a long time, and you develop technique. With technique, you don't have to sound like Pavarotti. You use it and don't abuse it. My voice is way better than it was when I was younger. It's stronger, and I know how to use it.

Q: It's amazing to me that you and Gene - after all these years - don't seem to take shots at each other publicly like most other bands. Is there a vow you made to each other to keep your fights private?

A: I cannot control what other people do. I am just not interested in making someone else look smaller to make me look bigger. Ultimately, it says I am a dwarf.

Q: Will there be another KISS album?

A: It's possible. There's nothing in the works.

Q: Are Peter and Ace done for good?

A: Yeah. No question. I wish both of them the best, but they don't belong in the band. You can't have members coming and going and we don't know what to expect and the fans don't know what to expect. It's unacceptable at some point. It's just better for everybody. I hope they pursue what makes them happy. Meanwhile, the band continues because it should. The team and the army is about making sure the athlete or the soldiers believe in the cause. That's what makes for a victory. When people no longer share the same drive or focus, it's neither fair to the band or the fans.

Q: Any advice for a KISS fan who wants to be a rock star like you?

A: Don't listen to advice.

Starchild
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Germany

Post by Starchild »

boardie man 2000 du weißt ja gar nicht wie glücklich du mich mit dieser frage und antwort gemacht hast kann jetzt bestimmt nicht mehr schlafen :) :PaulMakeupwhite:
Früher musste man den Drachen töten und die Jungfrau heiraten. Heutzutage gibt es keine Junfrauen mehr, man muss den Drachen heiraten.

Kali
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Kali »

Jau, also wenn Paul tatsächlich mal wieder das Phantom spielt, dann bin ich aber wieder dabei!!!

Ansonsten ein gutes Interview...vor allem der letzte Satz...:)

Boardieman2002
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Germany

Post by Boardieman2002 »

Alo ich würde aus dem Satz

lesen :

Q : Wird es ein neues Kiss Album geben?

A: Es ist möglich.Da ist nichts in Arbeit.

Oder irre ich mich da?

Kali
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Kali »

Äh, ja. Genau das hat er gesagt...

Nix in Arbeit. Habe ich auch nicht anders erwartet. Man kann auf Tour Songs schreiben, aber ob die Jungs das grad machen?? Glaub ich nicht...