No comment from Kiss on Michael Jackson?

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

Even though they have publicly expressed their disinterest for him through the years, I feel confident they will come to the plate and say some positive things since he has passed. I think Paul and Gene will rise above their personal differences and do the right thing.

Ace of Space

Post by Ace of Space »

I don't understand why they even have to make a comment at all. :roll:

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

I don't believe KISS need to comment on the passing of Michael Jackson his friends and fans are dealing with everything right now and I'd say just leave it alone.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Raiden5
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Germany

Post by Raiden5 »

Ace leaves him a message on his twitter site... i think this is a really good thing. he's got his heart at the right place...

I am a freak
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Italy

Gene's Statement on Michael

Post by I am a freak »

Gotten a lot of questions from media and from quite a lot of you Re: Michael Jackson.

I have refused all media requests for interviews. There are enough people in the industry being quoted. Some altruistically, some for media coverage.

Either way...
When I was going out with Diana Ross in the early 80's, I met Michael a few times through her. We spent social time together.
Found him to be gentle, charming...obviously very talented. And that was that.

The Michael of later years is someone I didn't recognize...nor like very much.

When there are children involved...when there are allegations (many) of child molestation...when there are admissions of inviting countless young boys to spend weekends and sometimes Michael's bed with them (Michael's quote), clothed or unclothed...makes no difference...when there are payoffs to the children making the accusations in the $20,000,000 range ($20 Million Dollars!!! -- as reported by Media) ....There's more than doubt in my mind.

This doesn't take into consideration Michael's children...none of whom are biologically his. All three of whom have had a "strange" upbringing. But then, we don't know much, except a "Father" who thought nothing of dangling his young child over the balcony (head covered in a towel), so his fans could get a thrill.

So, what's my comment Re: Michael's passing? I hope he finds peace. I wish his family and friends all the best in these very sad times.

But as regards Media coverage: celebs can always get media coverage.

But what about the children who spent nights with Michael in his bed? (he has admitted on camera he has done it many times, and would continue to do it). They need a voice. And, they should have a chance to have their say. With lie detectors attached. Maybe then, away from rich celebrities, tricky lawyers and LA court systems that can't seem to convict anyone....maybe then, we'll find out the truth about child molestation charges leveled at Michael Jackson from children (that's plural, not singular).

My comment? I recognize and respect his talent, but the rest is very tainted.
And I want to hear the truth, once and for all.

From Facebook...

---------------

keep rockin :genetongue:
Rock and Roll All Time

ShockMeStrutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by ShockMeStrutter »

Well, there's your statement Starchild. What do you think of it? I see it exactly like Gene.
[img]http://www.kissforum.de/phpbb2/userpix/2051_2051_Kiss_The_Originals_album_cover_3_1.jpg[/img]

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

I'm assuming your talking about me and not Paul Stanley. What is my opinion? My opinion is Gene (assuming that was Gene) had a beef with the guy and his death didn't seem to encourage him to rise above it. That's disappointing. I myself am not a fan of Jackson's in any way. I even agree with much of what was stated above (and I'm sick of the media coverage already). The heart of what I said comes from the same scenario KISS placed Rolling Stone in when they (JUSTIFIABLY) felt insulted about the magazine ignoring the death of Eric Carr. Their rationale was the magazine, irregardless of personal differences, had a morale and professional responsibility to recognize someone that, musically speaking, was one of their 'own'. As much as I do not like to give Jackson more than his fair due, it is a fair statement to say he has reached the levels of popularity KISS has had which gives the two a unique kinship in the music industry. So now we have a situation where the shoe of responsibility is on their feet. The original question remains. Can they reach the levels of morale and professional responsibility that was asked of a rock magazine and apply that to themselves? Once again, let's dump the obvious criticisms of this guy and be professionals as we all know they can and should be. I think KISS should make an official announcement recognizing the loss of Jackson to the music industry and give the man, MUSICALLY, his dues. It would speak VOLUMES for their character and professionalism to stand tall when it would be much easier to walk away. And make no mistake...No one is asking them to kiss his a*s. Just pay the guy his musical respect which he HAS earned. From one professional to another as it should be. I think history would show KISS, as a band, lived by the standard they asked of others and not a double standard to serve only their views. That is worth something.

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

[quote="Starchild41";p="289002"]I'm assuming your talking about me and not Paul Stanley. What is my opinion? My opinion is Gene (assuming that was Gene) had a beef with the guy and his death didn't seem to encourage him to rise above it. That's disappointing. I myself am not a fan of Jackson's in any way. I even agree with much of what was stated above (and I'm sick of the media coverage already). The heart of what I said comes from the same scenario KISS placed Rolling Stone in when they (JUSTIFIABLY) felt insulted about the magazine ignoring the death of Eric Carr. Their rationale was the magazine, irregardless of personal differences, had a morale and professional responsibility to recognize someone that, musically speaking, was one of their 'own'. As much as I do not like to give Jackson more than his fair due, it is a fair statement to say he has reached the levels of popularity KISS has had which gives the two a unique kinship in the music industry. So now we have a situation where the shoe of responsibility is on their feet. The original question remains. Can they reach the levels of morale and professional responsibility that was asked of a rock magazine and apply that to themselves? Once again, let's dump the obvious criticisms of this guy and be professionals as we all know they can and should be. I think KISS should make an official announcement recognizing the loss of Jackson to the music industry and give the man, MUSICALLY, his dues. It would speak VOLUMES for their character and professionalism to stand tall when it would be much easier to walk away. And make no mistake...No one is asking them to kiss his a*s. Just pay the guy his musical respect which he HAS earned. From one professional to another as it should be. I think history would show KISS, as a band, lived by the standard they asked of others and not a double standard to serve only their views. That is worth something.[/quote]

Yeah but there's a big difference between a music news magazine (Rolling Stone) not reporting Eric Carr's death then a rock band (KISS) holding some kinda press conference for Michael Jackson.
What about Farrah Fawcett? .....Ed Mcmahon?!? where should it stop?
I'm not trying to disrespect Michael here just saying if a band wants to talk about it they should but I don't think it should be expected.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Bat Demon
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Post by Bat Demon »

MJ may Have Publicly payed for His Mistake But Gene Had to Hide and Settle out of Court for his Mistakes

From What Gene Said

there are payoffs to the children making the accusations in the $20,000,000 range ($20 Million Dollars
SSBBW Women and KISS Rule
I need: big hips, sweet lips From An SSBBW to make a man outta me, Once You Go BIG you Never Go twig
[img]http://www.kissforum.de/phpbb2/userpix/8431_rsz_8431_ssbbw_kiss_1222222222222222222222222_1.jpg[/img]

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

Yeah but there's a big difference between a music news magazine (Rolling Stone) not reporting Eric Carr's death then a rock band (KISS) holding some kinda press conference for Michael Jackson.
What about Farrah Fawcett? .....Ed Mcmahon?!? where should it stop?
I'm not trying to disrespect Michael here just saying if a band wants to talk about it they should but I don't think it should be expected.
Yes, but Farrah and McMahon were celebrities, not musicians. And trust me I'm no diehard of Jackson. The media is already giving him more credit than he's due. No one has mentioned Eddie Van Halen played solo on "Beat it" so Jackson could get played on MTV. I think that's BS Eddie has been left out of the real story. But I digress. Back to the original point - I think Paul and Gene as representatives of KISS should come out and recognize the death and his muscial acheivements...THAT'S ALL. Michael's personal life is his, just like Gene and Paul's are (well sort of). If Gene the celebrity wants to say those things, so be it. But KISS as a legendary act should say something positive to Jackson's death just like they would if Paul McCartney died (which you KNOW they would in that instance). Once again this not about being politically correct. This about recognizing him as a musician and his achievements...that's all. Something they would and have always expected for themselves.