Paul Stanley vocals 2011

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Paul Stanley vocals 2011

Post by Kiss777 »

OK most of us that have been following the band close the past few years have picked up on the fact that Paul Stanley has been having some trouble with his vocals but rather then just get into another thread slamming the man I'd like to talk about what could be done to improve the live show.
Alright if you go back and take a critical look at his vocals in the early days of the band he really wasn't a "great" singer in the technical sense but yes he sound great with that rough rock tone and lots of character.
In fact I believe one could make the case that Peter or maybe Gene was the better singer when they started or close anyway... no it seemed Paul really started stepping up his game on his 1978 solo album.
But in a way that's good news because you still have a lot of great songs where Paul really isn't pushing himself that hard... so I'm here to suggest we drop most of the Crazy Nights type high register stuff and break out more stuff along the lines of Mr Speed etc.
Between that and giving Gene another song or three and of course giving Tommy the obvious "When Lightning Strikes" we have a solid upgrade for the live show 2011 style...your thoughts?
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Partyman

Re: Paul Stanley vocals 2011

Post by Partyman »

I think first of all Gene should have a bigger part in the shows because he seems to be on top of his singing strenght again since the Alive 35 tour 2008 he's doing a really good job :OK:

I have been wondering what has happened to Paul's voice for some time,because it still is really shocking to me,if you listen to his voice in 2006,he was also back on top of his game when he did his soloalbum/tour.
They should pick songs where he can sing in his ''comfort zone'' and leave the really high stuff out.
A song like crazy nights might be cool to hear on a KISS set,but it gives you a bad feeling when you hear Paul struggling so much.
I'd rather hear him sing ''Shout it out loud'' or ''Strutter'' again,at least his voice sounds good then.
But then on the other hand the ''complain-fraction'' will come running and nag about the setlist again :mrgreen:

amsc76
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Post by amsc76 »

Here's Paul singing comfortably a low register song in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8n8iftw7A
Last edited by amsc76 on Mon 14. Mar 2011, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

spaceace73
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Post by spaceace73 »

I think that's an excellent idea Kiss777. There's plenty of stuff Paul could sing easier. I'm wondering if the new record will have songs that are easier for him to sing, because he even seems to be having trouble with "Delilah". And Gene really does seem to be singing strong these days. Way better than the reunion tour, of course he was belting it out almost every nite at that point.
I was just watching a clip from the 98 Dodger Stadium show and man Paul was just whaling! Hard to believe that was almost 13 years ago!

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Thanks and welcome to the board, now I'd just like to add I thought Paul did a great job with the vocals on Sonic Boom but as many of us know it is a little easier to work around things like that in the studio with multiple takes, pitch shifters? etc.
And I'd also just like say for anyone who might not know I'm one of the biggest Paul Stanley fans around so don't take any of this the wrong way I'd never want to see Paul walk.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

I am a freak
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Italy

Post by I am a freak »

I hope that the problems with the voice of Paul will not the end of the band :roll:
Rock and Roll All Time

Rocket Twix
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by Rocket Twix »

I am The Breeze wrote:I hope that the problems with the voice of Paul will not the end of the band :roll:
Yeah that´s probably a problem. But :kiss: will continue even without Paul! :kiss: forever!
The forum member formerly known as ROCKETRIDER73 with nearly 3000 spacy posts (mostly in the Ace Frehley thread) since the year 2005 wants to thank the Cheffe for deleting his account without even knowing what he´s doing! But who cares? "Rider" heisst jetzt Twix, sonst ändert sich nix!

I am a freak
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
Italy

Post by I am a freak »

Rocket Twix wrote:
I am The Breeze wrote:I hope that the problems with the voice of Paul will not the end of the band :roll:
Yeah that´s probably a problem. But :kiss: will continue even without Paul! :kiss: forever!
will Gene NEW lead vocal of :kiss:

:genetongue:
Rock and Roll All Time

Rocket Twix
GOLD USER
GOLD USER

Post by Rocket Twix »

I am The Breeze wrote:
Rocket Twix wrote:
will Gene NEW lead vocal of :kiss:

:genetongue:
Yeah we have Gene and Eric and even Tommyboy! Kiss will always be there! :schock: It´s like an army and what do you do with a injured soldier like 1981? :lala: We all know the answer! :heul:
The forum member formerly known as ROCKETRIDER73 with nearly 3000 spacy posts (mostly in the Ace Frehley thread) since the year 2005 wants to thank the Cheffe for deleting his account without even knowing what he´s doing! But who cares? "Rider" heisst jetzt Twix, sonst ändert sich nix!

PJ
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Canada

Post by PJ »

I would say stop playing high vocals stuff like Crazy Nights first, even if I like this song a lot, it's an anthem...

And then why not drop the key on some songs? Lots of band does that

PJ
Last edited by PJ on Tue 22. Mar 2011, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
"I wanna put my log in your fireplace" -Burn Bitch Burn
http://www.myspace.com/pierrej
http://www.bluetracks.ca/pierrej