And KISS Monster debuts on Billboard at...

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Knucklepuck
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Re: And KISS Monster debuts on Billboard at...

Post by Knucklepuck »

The KISS brand has been so completely diluted that they just aren't of much interest by the general music-buying public. Yeah some die-hards follow them, but they have even alienated many of them as well (including me). They just don't seem focused on the right things and have become less-than-serious entertainment for a niche audience. They would have to come out with just amazing new and fresh stuff to get back to primary status - I dont see them even really trying. Sure Monster is better than SB and PC, but isn't ground-breaking or pioneering by any stretch.

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

Well everything Knucklepuck said is spot on with regards to KISS' mishandling of their image. Unfortunately the casualty to that image is going to be Monster. Second week the album plunges to 16th place selling only 4,051 copies in America. This album is now on track to become the worst selling studio album in KISS' career. But unlike Sonic Boom, it is not deserving. I think they have milked the concept for all it's worth and outside of touring as a nostalgia act, they will not be able to move outside that format. Paul and Gene are too old and the buying public have already spoken regarding albums that have the old KISS image with different players underneath. So I think any notion of selling the public on an all new KISS band is out of the question. The market isn't there. They can sale the image until the end of time, but not as a band. I feel bad for this record though. I'm very pleased with it and wished it had found an audience. :tztz:
Last edited by Starchild41 on Mon 22. Oct 2012, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by shock_me_strutter »

Well, what is likely the next step for KISS? Is a US Tour in support of Monster likely to fail? Then what's next?

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

I always thought a solo tour after going out with Motley was a guarantee of failure. They tried that once before after touring with Aerosmith, but ticket sales were so poor they had to cancel. I think this time they have a plan B and that is to bring Motley Crue back on tour. They already mentioned it, so I'm fairly confident that is how they will save face in this. If I were them I would just do the Monster Tour overseas where they have the market for it and forget it here. I think the US market is saturated. That being said, it's a damn shame this had to happen with Monster. I'll always like this record. In my eyes it ranks up there with Creatures and Revenge.
Last edited by Starchild41 on Tue 23. Oct 2012, 00:51, edited 3 times in total.

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

From what I have heard the Monster tour was always planned to start outside the US.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

dutchkiss71

Post by dutchkiss71 »

Starchild41 wrote: Second week the album plunges to 16th place selling only 4,051 copies in America. This album is now on track to become the worst selling studio album in KISS' career. But unlike Sonic Boom, it is not deserving. :tztz:

final sales figures according to Dailydouble is 16.021 for the second week and down to number 18. (billboard nr 14) number 10 has just 2.547 more.
i'ts horrible but kiss albums always drop like a brick after the first week. also in europe. as for now only sweden and norway are still doing very well (5 and 6 in second week)
I think a hit single from Monster or regular airplay could help sales and make it stick in the charts longer. that just won't happen with kissmusic nowadays.
just saw album chart japan. Monster entered @9 and drops to 20 in second week.
Last edited by dutchkiss71 on Thu 25. Oct 2012, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

dutchkiss71 wrote:
Starchild41 wrote: Second week the album plunges to 16th place selling only 4,051 copies in America. This album is now on track to become the worst selling studio album in KISS' career. But unlike Sonic Boom, it is not deserving. :tztz:

final sales figures according to Dailydouble is 16.021 for the second week and down to number 18. (billboard nr 14) number 10 has just 2.547 more.
i'ts horrible but kiss albums always drop like a brick after the first week. also in europe. as for now only sweden and norway are still doing very well (5 and 6 in second week)
I think a hit single from Monster or regular airplay could help sales and make it stick in the charts longer. that just won't happen with kissmusic nowadays.
just saw album chart japan. Monster entered @9 and drops to 20 in second week.
That changed then because I was quoting from Daily Double when those figures came out. Good to see it came up some, but still abysmal. Some of it is the industry, but alot of it too is just a small market . This is not 1986 anymore and hair and glam bands are no longer headline news on MTV. But that hasn't hurt AC/DC or Aerosmith. But those bands have remained steady in keeping the same band members and delivering fairly consistent product every time. The uneven results of KISS hurts them when they do finally put out an album worthy of a broader audience. Thanks for the update!

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

One way the numbers keep getting mess up is places keep posting predictions and then they release the real numbers later...don't know why they can't just wait on the actual figures to come in :gruebel:
Give the album about 3 months then take a look at total sales, USA, rest of the world and otherwise and we'll see how they did.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

Kiss777 wrote:One way the numbers keep getting mess up is places keep posting predictions and then they release the real numbers later...don't know why they can't just wait on the actual figures to come in :gruebel:
Give the album about 3 months then take a look at total sales, USA, rest of the world and otherwise and we'll see how they did.
Amen to that!

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

Monster going down at position 19 after two weeks here in Italy :gruebel:
Green Day remain at position 5 after 4 weeks!!
but the Green Day album is an......CRAP
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!
www.facebook.com/kissarmypavia