Will you be buying Make up to break up?

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

kissin time
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Re: Will you be buying Make up to break up?

Post by kissin time »

yes! but for my Birthday present from my wife :yes:

Geosav
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Geosav »

A must buy!!! I gotta get it!

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

OK I now have the book in my hands...off to do some reading :mrgreen:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by tiger67 »

I will buy Ace' NO REGRETS and this book too, when I have money for it..........I do both buy in nice price.......

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

I'm up to chapter 8 now so I'll share a few early thoughts...
It starts out kinda slow but to be fair Gene and Ace's did too but the book is starting to kick in with some cool road stories I question a few of the comments Peter makes, one about Paul in particular.
But over all some good reading material here and it's fun at this point.

Geosav
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Geosav »

Great stories so far! Its hard to put it down.

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by shock_me_strutter »

I'm around the same chapter as you, kiss777. The stories of ace are the most surprising to me so far. He was a total crazy guy and the stories absolutely make me think lesser of him.

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

shock_me_strutter wrote:I'm around the same chapter as you, kiss777. The stories of ace are the most surprising to me so far. He was a total crazy guy and the stories absolutely make me think lesser of him.
I'm still enjoying the crazy road stories one thing I would like to point out however is Peter mentions in a negative way how Paul Stanley has talked to a psychiatrist on every tour that KISS have been on but then he turns right around and tells how he would call his mom and talk to her because everybody and everything is so crazy on the road that he needed a sane person to talk too, Peter, Paul is using the psychiatrist for the exact same thing you are talking to your mom for...to keep things in perspective.

@shock_me_strutter I had already heard a lot of those same things about Ace so those really didn't surprise he that much, I think Gene put it best when he said when Ace started partying anything goes. :haha:

Still enjoying the book overall just think it's a lot better when Peter stays away from getting to negative about everything because you can tell his emotions run up and down all the time...Now back to the book :mrgreen: :wave:

Starchild41
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Starchild41 »

Jesus, could Paul Stanley have been any more indignant when he visited Peter at the hospital? The accident wasn't even his fault! I guess Paul gave the same treatment to Eric Carr. They too had a falling out. This fella has the heart of a viper. Yeah, he can be pissed at Peter about his actions on the movie set and that would be understandable. But to walk into a hospital and talk like that was about as back stabbing as it gets. What a puke. That being said, Peter was about as flipping out of his mind as a person could be back then and still be legally free from prison. My biggest criticism of him so far is he gives himself too much of a pass on his own INSANE behavior. Him cheating on his wife and the reasons given were like listening to a fifteen year old rationalize it. Of course he was not very educated, so some of this is relevant to that deficit. But he just didn't know where to draw the line any place in his life. He just spent too much time indulging and making excuses for it. I think that incident at the last show of the Dynasty tour is what ultimately sealed his fate in the band though. That was interesting.
Last edited by Starchild41 on Fri 26. Oct 2012, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Starchild41 wrote:Jesus, could Paul Stanley have been any more indignant when he visited Peter at the hospital? The accident wasn't even his fault! I guess Paul gave the same treatment to Eric Carr. They too had a falling out. This fella has the heart of a viper. Yeah, he can be pissed at Peter about his actions on the movie set and that would be understandable. But to walk into a hospital and talk like that was about as back stabbing as it gets. What a puke. That being said, Peter was about as flipping out of his mind as a person could be back then and still be legally free from prison. My biggest criticism of him so far is he gives himself too much of a pass on his own INSANE behavior. Him cheating on his wife and the reasons given were like listening to a fifteen year old rationalize it. Of course he was not very educated, so some of this is relevant to that deficit. But he just didn't know where to draw the line any place in his life. He just spent too much time indulging and making excuses for it. I think that incident at the last show of the Dynasty tour is what ultimately sealed his fate in the band though. That was interesting.
Well I don't blame Paul and Gene for being so pissed at Peter you have to remember everything Peter and Ace did effected them big time.
I'm sure Paul checked with the doctors or people who had already seen Peter to make sure it wasn't life threaten at that point.
And yeah Peter will slam Paul and Gene but a few pages later he'll flat out tell you "but I was coked out of my mind crazy" :haha:
I don't care I'm still loving the book at this point now up to chapter 13 , I have even had to put the book down a couple time laughing so hard :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kiss777 on Fri 26. Oct 2012, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.