Thayer Interview - January 2013

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Thayer Interview - January 2013

Post by shock_me_strutter »

Thayer speaks about a few topics:

He is currently working on finishing KISSOLOGY IV and expects it to be released within the year.

He says Universal has plans for special releases since its the bands 40th anniversary.

Kiss will tour Australia starting feb. 28th. 8 shows in 3 weeks.

European tour in June.

Possible US arena tour in the fall.

Maybe Japan since they haven't been there in 6-7 years.

Cheffe
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Austria

Re: Thayer Interview - January 2013

Post by Cheffe »

Got a link?
der admin & die moderatoren
- dafür stehen wir
- um euch überblick zu verschaffen
- um euch zu dienen
- infos zum board/boardregeln
- und ein offenes ohr haben wir auch, wenns vertraulich sein soll
Image Image

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

I hope that KISSOLOGY 4 does come out because over all I think the Kissology series was one of the coolest things the band ever put out for the hardcore fans.
Would also love to see something special for the bands 40th anniversary :OK:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/Don77777/sweetpic2.jpg[/img]

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Kiss777 wrote:I hope that KISSOLOGY 4 does come out because over all I think the Kissology series was one of the coolest things the band ever put out for the hardcore fans.
Yes. How about another cd box set with all rarities like demos and previously unreleased stuff. They should also release vintage videos with remastered sound. With all the new technology out now, why can't they enhance the sound on the vintage concerts?

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

shock_me_strutter wrote:
Kiss777 wrote:I hope that KISSOLOGY 4 does come out because over all I think the Kissology series was one of the coolest things the band ever put out for the hardcore fans.
Yes. How about another cd box set with all rarities like demos and previously unreleased stuff. They should also release vintage videos with remastered sound. With all the new technology out now, why can't they enhance the sound on the vintage concerts?
Well you can only do so much to "enhance" the sound of any recording because it all comes down to the limitations of the original source, You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear so to speak :mrgreen:
Now if you have a multi track reel to reel or something like that then it's a whole new ball game and the party's on but even with those they may not belong to the band.
I'd love to see more behind the scene clips maybe the making of certain songs and such and of course love the old vintage stuff 1973- 1978.
Last edited by Kiss777 on Wed 13. Feb 2013, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

Cobohall1975
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Cobohall1975 »

I just hope IF there is any vintage '70's stuff it isn't edited like some of the Ace and Peter songs on the past Kissology's. What's the point of putting on shows with songs taken out? I'm just glad bootleg versions were available of most if not all the butchered shows.
"....Being a bad boy ain't that bad.
I've had me more dirty women than most men ever had..."

Kiss777
PLATINUM USER
PLATINUM USER
United States of America

Post by Kiss777 »

Cobohall1975 wrote:I just hope IF there is any vintage '70's stuff it isn't edited like some of the Ace and Peter songs on the past Kissology's. What's the point of putting on shows with songs taken out? I'm just glad bootleg versions were available of most if not all the butchered shows.
I have a lot of the unedited stuff but still find myself reaching for the Kissology's more times then not I mean sure if you are a completist and have to have everything you'd want that but for most fans I think the Kissology do a pretty good job, and I really like the cometary that is on there.

Homer_S
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by Homer_S »

I´m curious about the special releases!
My new site: http://collectination.jimdo.com/ NOW UPDATED!
http://www.new-metal-media.de/

*2015 ROCKAVARIA Munich*

shock_me_strutter
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Kiss777 wrote:
shock_me_strutter wrote:
Well you can only do so much to "enhance" the sound of any recording because it all comes down to the limitations of the original source, You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear so to speak :mrgreen:
Now if you have a multi track reel to reel or something like that then it's a whole new ball game and the party's on but even with those they may not belong to the band.
I'd love to see more behind the scene clips maybe the making of certain songs and such and of course love the old vintage stuff 1973- 1978.
I understand it all depends on the original recordings. The show at the Daisy from the summer of 1973 was supposedly recorded with a 9-channel board. That recording could be a culprit for remastering, as well as the reel to reels of the Hotter Than Hell sessions. I wish they remastered HTH instead of doing the remix of Destroyer. HTH deserves a remastering.