SET LIST FROM PERTH,AUSTRALIA FEB.FEBRUARY 28-2013

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Re: SET LIST FROM PERTH,AUSTRALIA FEB.FEBRUARY 28-2013

Post by robban »

tiger67 wrote:
robban wrote:God of thunder i have listened for many years, stop!!!! War Machine and Psycho Circus okay,but please......please never and never againg songs as Lick it Up,Dr Love etc......there others great songs from Gene and Paul in the past albums.........however,this is my point of view!!!! :OK: oh....maybe in Europe,the set list can be different........i hope!
No big band do much of their new stuff...........because bands with histories have to do a balance of what the normal concert visitor wants to hear & they die-hard fans...so they have to play songs that function......
That is that problem.........and one thing I can tell you: You will be dissapointed from the European-Set-List.......if You want hear other songs You must go to the :kiss: Kruise III and visit the in-door-concerts ;)
Try to check some of the latest Stones concerts........they played also obscure hits!!!!
i am an hungry fan,and i wannna to hear different songs,because they have greatest songs in catalogue..........
Lick it up for example, since 1983 they have ever played,from the best to the worst version immaginable!!!!!.........
but maybe the problem is on the lead vocals,maybe Paul can't singing better anymore as in the past!!!!!!! :nixweiss:
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!
www.facebook.com/kissarmypavia

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by tiger67 »

robban wrote:Try to check some of the latest Stones concerts........they played also obscure hits!!!!
i am an hungry fan,and i wannna to hear different songs,because they have greatest songs in catalogue..........
Lick it up for example, since 1983 they have ever played,from the best to the worst version immaginable!!!!!.........
but maybe the problem is on the lead vocals,maybe Paul can't singing better anymore as in the past!!!!!!! :nixweiss:
off course is paul's voice a problem, but gene could sing others, and not do it really....so I think this have nothing to do with who can what sing....it's Paul's & Gene's opinion to do what they do.......

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

Yeah!!!right Tiger.......but if this tour is called Monster tour or the 40th anniversary tour or the Baddest tour of ever,why didn't play more songs from Monster????or why didn't play greatest older songs???this is the anniversary of our fave band,and i waiting some surprise to shocks all
the peoples and fans ...... :OK:
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by tiger67 »

what I have learnd, latest since 2008, Paul & Gene don't know how to surprise fans....always the same stage-design or almost the same stage design....and here and there some new songs between the old and that was it and only ALMOST NEW COSTUMES.......that's it.......
OK they surprised us with SONIC BOOM, nobody counts with that after 11 years.......and they more surprised us with a GREAT MONSTER ALBUM....bit even that is not new ;) BECAUSE we :kiss: fans know, how the next album will be, we don't know before it's release....so since 2008 they go on save....not much changes........
I know what you mean Robban....but I don't see it happen that they really surprises us with something new........

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

tiger67 wrote:what I have learnd, latest since 2008, Paul & Gene don't know how to surprise fans....always the same stage-design or almost the same stage design....and here and there some new songs between the old and that was it and only ALMOST NEW COSTUMES.......that's it.......
OK they surprised us with SONIC BOOM, nobody counts with that after 11 years.......and they more surprised us with a GREAT MONSTER ALBUM....bit even that is not new ;) BECAUSE we :kiss: fans know, how the next album will be, we don't know before it's release....so since 2008 they go on save....not much changes........
I know what you mean Robban....but I don't see it happen that they really surprises us with something new........
The 2008 tour_Alive!35,was one of the best Kiss tours of the new millennium (for the European side),i was really impressed,they had played in almost totally the Alive album!!!!
for me that songs was and are the really battle horses!!!!!!
KISS 1973-1975,ever for me,are the best band of the KISS Marks!!!,costumes and songs,they was really wilds,powers and especially EVILS!!!!!!!
the 2008 tour,for me remains the best tour of ever of the 2000's.......
for the 2013 tour in Europe,i have bought five tickets,for five different places,i don't wanna be disappointment from my fave band!!!!my dream would be an different set list every nights,but i know this can't be possible,i have fear to be excited at the first show in Stockholm in june 1,and to be disappointment at the last one in Zurich,for the reason,they played the same and consecutive songs!!!,i hope to wrongly,but this is the truth!!!!!however i remain an great fan and collector,but with an bad taste in my mouth for the choose from Paul and Gene of the set list.........
but TAKE ME DOWN BELOW........the Shout it out loud of the new millennium,they can't played,this is an great Rock and Roll anthem ...........
otherwise long live however to the greatest,hottest,baddest band in the world!!!!!
:OK:

tiger67
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Post by tiger67 »

I have only mean the point with the set-list.........of course we will stay fans.......I have seen them 28 times between 1983 (Lick it Up-Tour) and 2010 (Sonic Boom Over Europe-Tour) and I am a Fan since December 1979.......I will also not dissapointet, but sometimes I wish that they are would be have more nerve for change the stage-design and clothes.....and surprises more with the one or another song...like on the ROCK THE NATION-DVD with TEARS ARE FALLING and LOVE HER ALL I CAN........for the Monster Tour would fit for example: ALMOST HUMAN and/or LARGER THAN LIFE......know what I mean ?

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

I'm a fan like you since 1978,my first concert was in Basel,St.Jakobs halls,Switzerland in 1983, the last one was in Malmo,Sweden in 2010,i have lost the counts of how many Kiss shows i had seeing!!!!
but especially for this tour,this 40th anniversary,really i wanted more,much much more!,
the tickets don't cost really not much!!!!
as part of the wildest crowd,i wanna really the best!!!
but as seeing at Perth,the 85% of the songs of the set list,are the same of the last 10-15 years!
however an good intro for the Monster tour(an my dream )CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
with all the explosions and flames at the beginning of the show!!!!,but also and why not.....
another time PARASITE,ROOM SERVICE,MR SPEED,ROCK AND ROLL HELL,just a few of names,but also from the latest two albums songs as STAND,NEVER ENOUGH,from Sonic Boom,but also more songs from Monster,technically both albums,are greatest ........
maybe i ask the moon? :nixweiss:

Acejendell
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
Australia

Post by Acejendell »

I attended the Perth show....and I have been major critic of having Thayer and Singer in the make-up but this performance ranked as the best I've seen from this line-up, yes Thayer and Singer are role playing but musically they delivered, Singer on drums was outstanding, I could down play Thayers performance (as an Ace fan it's hard seeing him in that make-up) but he put in a great performance on guitar even though he still looks ungainly on stage... his one blemish when firing the rockets up to the light truss he aimed at the wrong end...and the explosion happened directly behind him (magic bullet?) , Paul Stanley's voice has changed but he still cuts it and is still the ultimate frontman he gets more support from the rest of the band on vocals these days to help cover the voice but he was great, I just wish he'd cut back on the banter and the same old lines he's rolled out tour after tour ...while the banter may not change he gives 100%, I just hope the voice holds up on the tour ...Simmons was outstanding on his classics and the material from the new album went down well...and at last we have Tommy performing his own song even if it does have a space journey type connection...I would have liked to have seen Lick It Up removed from the setlist...I'm so over that song.....Psycho Circus is another one that could have been replaced with another song imo...I wish the band would throw caution to the wind and play some obscure classics not often played live..or even put in a section of material from The Elder...they have so many songs they could dust off and rework.

and finally why KISS saw fit to tour with the Motley Crue is beyond me...great theatrics, Tommy lees roller coaster drum performance amazing but it got to the stage you wanted them to wind up...and apart from a couple of their hits their material has a real sameness about it, ..they were absolute rubbish! Vince Neil is by far the worst live singer I have ever seen. In fact he cant sing! you cant understand a word that comes out of his mouth, just sounds like somebody strangling a cat. Even in Shout at the Devil the most basic on songs he managed to lose me. The overall sound was muddy and distorted. A clear difference in class between the crue and KISS. KISS dominated, their showmanship, the visual production and riffs were far superior to Motley Poo. I've always felt KISS should be a stand alone act with one band to open for them...that was reinforced last night imo...all up KISS still deliver 10/10
Last edited by Acejendell on Sat 2. Mar 2013, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
“We can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.”

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

Kiss played their second show in Adelaide,dropping WALL OF SOUND from the set list,
but adding CRAZY CRAZY NIGHTS,same Perth songs for the rest......ever worst!!!!
however 40,000 peoples attendance! :sleep:

Acejendell
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER
Australia

Post by Acejendell »

Pauls voice is not the same and it is noticeable and I think that has some bearing on the material they perform no doubt.....they are really just playing it safe with the set list which is a shame because they really should be cranking up the stuff from the vaults imo.
“We can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.”