Ace VS Gene and Paul

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Ace VS Gene and Paul

Post by robban »

During a brand new interview with Guitar World magazine, original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was asked why he thinks his former bandmates Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are always so quick to disparage him publicly. "I don't know," he replied. "I think they're just cranky.

"For years, when I was f***ed up, Gene used to say that I was a drunk and a drug addict and that I was unemployable. Kick a guy when he's down, right? But they can't do that anymore, so it's like they're scratching their heads trying to come up with new ways to insult me. The most recent thing was that I'm anti-Semitic, that I'm a f***ing Nazi. That's just below the belt. Next I'll be a member of the Ku Klux Klan. And my fiancée is Jewish! My whole life I've worked with Jewish people in all different capacities — my accountants, my attorneys, people on the road. Jesus Christ, I can't believe the stuff that comes out of their mouths. But the truth is that I don't want to be negative. I just want to keep everything light and be happy.

"Paul has been so g*****n cranky lately. I mean, what's wrong, Paul, aren't you happy? I know they must be frustrated because people are always writing about how Ace was the real guy or Ace was the real deal. It's gotta rub them the wrong way. They would like nothing more than for me to start drinking again, start taking drugs again and end up as a bum on skid row. But that's not gonna happen.

"Anybody who says anything bad about me is foolish, because a lot of people like me. You're gonna make enemies when you put down Ace Frehley. And that's because I'm a straight shooter — I tell it like it is. Gene is that way too. He'll sit across from you in a room and say this or that and tell it like it is. Whether you like it or not, he lays it out, right to your face. Paul will tell you one thing, then walk out the door and stab you in the fucking back. That's Paul Stanley. And now he's trying to take credit for the f***ing KISS logo? Unbelievable. I designed the logo — all he did was draw straighter lines.

"And you know, I told Paul to wear the star on his eye. Do you know what his makeup was before he put the star on his eye? It was a round circle. He looked like the dog from the 'Little Rascals' [Pete The Pup, a.k.a. Petey]. It told him it looked kinda silly and that he should put one star on his eye. But do I go around taking credit for that? No. I let him say he designed it. Who cares, you know? Let's not be petty.

"You would think that if Gene and Paul had half a brain, they would realize what's going on and start saying good things about Ace. I mean, keep bad-mouthing me. No one's gonna show up at your f***ing tour this summer."

After weeks of bad-mouthing each other in the press, the four original members of KISS were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in April by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello, with all four — Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss — delivering warm, nostalgic and even sweet-natured speeches that put aside the simmering tensions for at least 12 minutes.

KISS did not perform — the Hall Of Fame wanted the original quartet only to play, while Simmons and Paul Stanley insisted on the current lineup — which also includes guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer — performing as well. In the end nobody won that battle.

Now in my honest opinion, this story is pretty much useless .....
who knows how to have gnawing Paul and Gene to RNRHOF, having both Peter Ace, without remembering that Kiss have become the ones who are mostly thanks to Ace and Peter ....
will also be wrong, and making use of drugs and alcohol, but I think that after some time in even the most sinful become mature ......
for their part, should be regarded KISS in what they are doing ... the tour's 40th anniversary, it seems the heated soup of the 2012 tour with Motley Crue, the set list is nothing short of obscene and repetitive, try to imagine for those who 'once again goes to see them and even paying $ 110 for the umpteenth time, you should listen painfully LOVE GUN or LICK iT UP ...... you realize that much of the public does not even know HIDE YOUR HEART??
why remake this song with so much ugliness ....?

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/frehle ... gadm3M7.99
Last edited by Demon on Fri 22. Aug 2014, 17:21, edited 2 times in total.
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!
www.facebook.com/kissarmypavia