Tour A Flop

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

mrmakebelieve

Tour A Flop

Post by mrmakebelieve »

Maybe next time Gene and Paul will listen to the fans and actually give us what we want. Gene is so pigheaded and thinks he is all-knowing. What we want is (1) new songs, (2) more rarities, and (3) Ace and Peter, not pretend members in their make-up.

Cheffe
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
Austria

Post by Cheffe »

Hi mrmakebelieve :wave:
great to see you got the flag on the map :D

yeah, there has been a discussion about this already here:
http://kissforum.de/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=2452#2452

maybe we should :auspeitsch: :Gene: :lol:

it will be interesting to see how they will continue... I personally don't see them going on tour anymore :heul:

European promoters didn't even bring them over... if they did just half the things right since the Reunion, they could have the Stones opening for them...

have you seen any of the 2004 shows? if so, where and how many people herer there?
der admin & die moderatoren
- dafür stehen wir
- um euch überblick zu verschaffen
- um euch zu dienen
- infos zum board/boardregeln
- und ein offenes ohr haben wir auch, wenns vertraulich sein soll
Image Image

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

:GeneMakeupwhite:

I don't think there will be any more touring out of the USA here. Although the 2004 US Summer Tour sounded wonderful live, KISS just could not cut the cuff to generate enough interest from the US concert market... There are too many other acts that toured here... The only way KISS could have ended up with a successful tour would have been with the original members, and that is in question also, it may not have been a huge tour even if Peter & Ace were along for it. Paul's solo effort will be coming out in 2005 and hopefully a tour to support it. There is not enough interest amongst European promoters that they will not bring the band over for fear that a tour of Europe would bomb as well.

Gene's Bastard Son

Post by Gene's Bastard Son »

I think they sounded better this year than they have since '95.

Singer is MUCH better on drums than Peter could ever dream of being.

I still miss Ace, but at least Thayer is straight and not a risk as far as not playing well.

I saw them in Dallas every year since the Reunion, and this year's shows was the best.

I also have a ton of dvds from this tour.

misfitofscience
BRONZE USER
BRONZE USER

Post by misfitofscience »

Hello there,

oh, I would have loved to see them live in the USA, unfortunately I couldn't go to the USA, because it's always an expensive trip! Would've loved to see them in Atlanta, because I've already been there for several weeks during an internship and I know some people there.

Well, at least our American-KISS-friends were able to catch the guys with make-up on stage!

Yours,
misfitofscience

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

[quote="Gene's Bastard Son";p="11552"]I think they sounded better this year than they have since '95.

I still miss Ace, but at least Thayer is straight and not a risk as far as not playing well.

I saw them in Dallas every year since the Reunion, and this year's shows was the best.

I also have a ton of dvds from this tour.[/quote]

Yes, I agree. Singer is much better live... Eric an really cut it onstage whereas Peter imo is too old. I do think this KISS sounded much better than on the Aerosmith tour. This tour was very tight. Me likey! :GeneMakeupwhite:

AJ

Post by AJ »

[quote="Gene's Bastard Son";p="11552"]I think they sounded better this year than they have since '95.

*I agree.

*Agree again.

*And I agree with this also. IMO, Tommy is a great addition.

I

RT Rocker

Post by RT Rocker »

I think the only reason for the band to tour anymore in the future is to have a new studio cd with Tommy and Eric. Otherwise there is no reason. I would also like to see the band come up with some new costumes that are not similar to anything that they have worn in the past. Then the band might have some of the die hards take them more serious again.
I think having Ace and Peter back in the band would only make the band weaker, and make KISS even more nostalgic. They don't need that at this point.
If they wanna continue with some respect, they need a new kickass cd, and a killer tour that has more rare songs and maybe stci in a track or two from "Carnival Of Souls". 8)

Wildwoodkiss75
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
United States of America

Post by Wildwoodkiss75 »

[quote="RT Rocker";p="13242"]I think the only reason for the band to tour anymore in the future is to have a new studio cd with Tommy and Eric. Otherwise there is no reason. I would also like to see the band come up with some new costumes that are not similar to anything that they have worn in the past. Then the band might have some of the die hards take them more serious again.
I think having Ace and Peter back in the band would only make the band weaker, and make KISS even more nostalgic. They don't need that at this point.
If they wanna continue with some respect, they need a new kickass cd, and a killer tour that has more rare songs and maybe stci in a track or two from "Carnival Of Souls". 8)[/quote]

Do you think a new studio :kissflashlogo: album would generate enough interest for a tour as well as album sales? I am not so sure that would do the trick. However I wouldn't pass on the album either. Tommy is amazing and Eric's drumming is in top form. If they were to do another album, I hope they would choose better songs for it. I'd like it heavy :kissflashlogo: album too. I agree with you, they should incorporate songs from CARNIVAL OF SOULS and maybe The Oath from THE ELDER. :Destroyer: :Carnival of souls: :Revenge: :The Elder: :Creatures:

the effigy
SILVER USER
SILVER USER
Belgium

Post by the effigy »

For me the RTN tour is not a flop, 8500peoples/show is good for the third tour whithout new album.
I think for the next tour, a new album is welcoming.

(excuse for my bad language, the belgium fan salute you!)