Kiss Reveal Budget-Busting Box Set Price Tag

Have you heard any news or other interesting things about Kiss? Don't keep it for yourself, share them with everybody else! Of course you can also discuss any Kiss-related topic here with others as well.

Moderators: Partyman, speedy64, Demon, derFAN

Cobohall1975
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Kiss Reveal Budget-Busting Box Set Price Tag

Post by Cobohall1975 »

"....Being a bad boy ain't that bad.
I've had me more dirty women than most men ever had..."

Homer_S
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
DOUBLE PLATINUM USER
Germany

Re: Kiss Reveal Budget-Busting Box Set Price Tag

Post by Homer_S »

Sorry, but i hope NO ONE buy it! It´s a shame to have such expensive merch! :idiot:
My new site: http://collectination.jimdo.com/ NOW UPDATED!
http://www.new-metal-media.de/

*2015 ROCKAVARIA Munich*

Cobohall1975
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Cobohall1975 »

Didn't Gene & Paul sell their rights to the Kiss back catalog back in the early '90's? Makes you wonder if the band will see any profit from the re-issue etc of their back catalog?

marchico
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Germany

Post by marchico »

Cobohall1975 wrote:Didn't Gene & Paul sell their rights to the Kiss back catalog back in the early '90's? Makes you wonder if the band will see any profit from the re-issue etc of their back catalog?
I'm not sure about that. Didn't they do the new recordings on "Greatest KISS" to re-new the rights back in 1997 ?
Last edited by marchico on Sun 13. Apr 2014, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
Homepage aktualisiert 2016: http://marchico.jimdo.com

robban
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Italy

Post by robban »

We have pre-order an copy to put on the middle of our warehouse store windows ........
but they shipped the whole set of 34 lps,posters,merchandise,in three different
times,so the Anvil case,delivered to Italy not complete in an one only
way.....will let you know more info soon ....
Save the music, Choose vinyl for the best quality !!!!!! Illegal Download kill the music !!!!!!
www.facebook.com/kissarmypavia

Cobohall1975
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Cobohall1975 »

marchico wrote:
Cobohall1975 wrote:Didn't Gene & Paul sell their rights to the Kiss back catalog back in the early '90's? Makes you wonder if the band will see any profit from the re-issue etc of their back catalog?
I'm not sure about that. Didn't they do the new recordings on "Greatest KISS" to re-new the rights back in 1997 ?
Yeah,when a band re-records stuff I think a chunk (if not all) of the rights/royalties revert back to the band.
In the book,"Kiss Alive Forever",it mentions G&P selling their publishing rights at the beginning of the '90's. (Page 181).

marchico
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Germany

Post by marchico »

Cobohall1975 wrote:
marchico wrote:
Yeah,when a band re-records stuff I think a chunk (if not all) of the rights/royalties revert back to the band.
In the book,"Kiss Alive Forever",it mentions G&P selling their publishing rights at the beginning of the '90's. (Page 181).
You're absolutly right. Just read the page. Many thanks for that information.
Probably there's a diference between the rights on an album (re-issuing it, promote it, sell it or whatever) the the songs on that album ? But that nevertheless leaves the question out, when did they buy the rights back ? Or do they not profite from the latest re-issues (I doubt that) ?
Greets,
Mario

Cobohall1975
SILVER USER
SILVER USER

Post by Cobohall1975 »

marchico wrote:
Cobohall1975 wrote:
marchico wrote:
You're absolutly right. Just read the page. Many thanks for that information.
Probably there's a diference between the rights on an album (re-issuing it, promote it, sell it or whatever) the the songs on that album ? But that nevertheless leaves the question out, when did they buy the rights back ? Or do they not profite from the latest re-issues (I doubt that) ?
Greets,
Mario
Once the 1996 reunion took off I can imagine G&P where swimming with money so maybe they bought the rights back then?

marchico
GOLD USER
GOLD USER
Germany

Post by marchico »

Cobohall1975 wrote: Once the 1996 reunion took off I can imagine G&P where swimming with money so maybe they bought the rights back then?
Seems right. It's probably well documented somewhere in a book.

Cheffe knows such things usually :-)

Demon
Location: Central Florida - It is Hotter than Hell down here!!

Post by Demon »

I personally think it is a slap in the face of all the hard working diehard KISS fans when they do stuff like this. Ridiculous that they think that it is appropriate that most people would fork out this kind of money. Though it is cool and I would like to own this set I have responsibilities that prevent me from even thinking of buying. Why can't Gene and Paul do things that don't reek of being money grubbing whores. When I bought my tickets to see the band with Def Leppard in July I was forced to buy a KISS ARMY membership. There was no way out of it. It tacked on $50 to my bill. AS much as I love this band I am really sick of it.